Looking for computer's jobs requirement

The-Shadows

Reaction score
Go to any college website and lookup up the course requirements for a degree in Computer Science. The courses that you have to take in college for that degree are the ones you should concentrate in High School. Getting your degree is the single best thing you can do for your career. Regardless of whether you get on the job training or start working earlier, the statistics show that people with degrees make more money than those that dont.

They are not going to teach you the neat stuff about programming and stuff in school though, but that degree goes a long way to getting you the job that will let you learn that stuff.

theres 2 best colleges that i can apply, i already applied 1 with that has computer science course but in 2 years. another 1 is not yet(my teacher said can apply it soon, so im waiting) and this college only takes 1 year.

Errr... You didn't take Additional Maths and Physics in high school? Physics is probably not a requirement. But I think Add Maths is. In college you will take Computer Science and Maths, which are requirement for your degree course. Without basic knowledge in high school, I suggest you don't take up IT. Do you know differentiation, progression, integration, graphs equations, trigonometry etc? These are quite tough, and are not as easy as Basic Maths. Anyway, look up the requirements in your nearby college. Consult the counsellor in that college. Get their advice. They know better. A levels is quite tough for you since you're without basic. Try foundation courses. Try Taylor's, Inti or Apiit. Not many are M'sians here. So try not to use too many M'sian terms. :)

Good luck.

I thought it well :(
if add math is needed, i've no hope..
yeah sure i'll get their advice

Yeah, Math is important.

And animation kinda veers off track a bit into other things unlike your other choices such as programming and uh, hacking.

You can use those career things that like list jobs related to for example, Tech or Computers or something.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

hacking, hacker something like that..haha. first time heard before about that :p
im good with math but that was a big mistake that im not taking add math.
at first i thought accounting is nicer but i cant denied that i like IT more than others..

hey mates thanks for the help and informations, helping me well :thup:

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
This is not a true statement. They make a stack of resumes. One with degrees and one without. They rarely interview the one without. The best thing you can to do get an interview at a company is get a degree. You cannot prove you are a whiz or show them anything if you cant get an interview. You can be the most brilliant programmer in the world and they would not know it because you wont get in the door to show them. This has been my problem with getting a "Real" job my whole life. I can work at NASA as a contractor but they are not going to hire me without a degree.

Thats why I said the real smart ones, such as the ones that hack major companies PC's and then are offered jobs everywhere because of being able to find major bugs and flaws in programs. I wasn't talking about applying. Lol :D

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Thats why I said the real smart ones, such as the ones that hack major companies PC's and then are offered jobs everywhere because of being able to find major bugs and flaws in programs. I wasn't talking about applying. Lol :D

OR go to prison.

The-Shadows

Reaction score
hey thats risky..lol

what about if i was get employed about a week then what will happen to me if they've find a person that much more better than me?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
hey thats risky..lol

what about if i was get employed about a week then what will happen to me if they've find a person that much more better than me?

Usually after they fill a position they no longer interview for it. Nobody benefits from hiring a new programmer for only a week, especially one straight out of school with no experience.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
i remember something about having too many degrees is bad, since the more degrees you have you would have to get paid more. for example. a guy had like

4 Doctrines and like two
2 Masters

They were stuff in the area of engineering. and he was doing a radio resume

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.