Looking for computer's jobs requirement

The-Shadows

Reaction score
Im still a high school student where next year I will going for college.
I want to be whether a programmer, hacker, animation and somemore as long as it related to computer section(please list somemore) because I am very intrested in computer.

Are all of them need add math? and science subjects like physics?
because im not taking both, im currently taking in account and economic courses. because if i move to college soon, theres many colleges have computer science course. Can i get into the course without add math?

thanks for help and advise.

p/s: am I in the correct section for this thread?

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
If you are taking programming you are probably going to need a lot of math, not sure about animator tho but probably there as well:eek:

I don't think it is required for working as a "network administrator" on a company or other a bit more technical computer related occupations:)

Xienoph

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Math. ESPECIALLY if you want to concentrate on graphics. Vectors, linear algebra, and calculus are the minimum requirements I feel. If you want to do security / cryptography, learn your number theories. Generally, take classes on algorithm. It's used in every CS concentration (well, except HCI ...). Statistics and probability are also widely used.

As for other subjects ... maybe Physics if you want to go to the "Electrical Engineering" path. I.e.: microchip fabrication. You'll be learning some quantum mechanics.

I don't think it is required for working as a "network administrator" on a company or other a bit more technical computer related occupations:)

Aw come on. Don't aim that low. Aim for software developer engineer. That's why he's going to college. :)

The-Shadows

Reaction score
some of the list in min requirement are in add maths?
maybe i can learn in college soon..because currently i not taking add math. thats maybe a big mistaken.

about physic maybe that is computer science course meaning about

Aim for software developer engineer.

this one nice? :rolleyes:

thanks for wide informations :thup:

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
some of the list in min requirement are in add maths?
maybe i can learn in college soon..because currently i not taking add math. thats maybe a big mistaken.

Learn geometry for modelling especially. You'll need to be good with Calc and physics and algebra and such as well for programming a lot, not great but you need to understand the basics and concepts behind it all. Hacking, you would probably want to be looking for a government job which means you need to really really stand out for something like the NSA. I think they have jobs similar in the military... but that means you'll be in the military and could be used as foot infantry if they need you to be. Unlikely but possible.

If you want to work for something like a commercial game developer, then look into programming game engines and study some physics and algebra and geometry. Trig would be good too I guess given what games are becoming now but I'm not really sure.

For modelling and animation you don't need to be great with math, but it would help if you could do basics in your head (be able to imagine a 3D space for measurements and such). For realistic animation, you will REALLY want to know physics (especially if you're making video games), unless you intend on keying every motion by hand which is a complete bitch.

The-Shadows

Reaction score
ooh. thanks for advices :)

wait is it possible for me to learn both add math and physics in college soon because im not taking both subjects for now. :(

Varine

Reaction score
ooh. thanks for advices :)

wait is it possible for me to learn both add math and physics in college soon because im not taking both subjects for now. :(

I don't know what you mean by add, unless you mean adv to abbreviate advanced.

Yes, you can. Chances are they will require you to take at least Algebra II to take the class, but if you're not that good with math then you will want to anyway once you look at it probably.

It's a LOT different from Algebra; you're not looking at equations like: sqrt(x-4) + 10 = sqrt(x+4). It's something like (d/dx)C=0. I don't know what hose answers are, by the way, I just made it up really quick.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Yeah, Math is important.

And animation kinda veers off track a bit into other things unlike your other choices such as programming and uh, hacking.

You can use those career things that like list jobs related to for example, Tech or Computers or something.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
I want to be whether a programmer, hacker, animation and somemore as long as it related to computer section(please list somemore) because I am very intrested in computer.

hacker. what?

Anyway. There are a lot of things you must do. not only that. you could pick a specialized college for those areas. Along with that. You should start on something that has to do with those things for example

Making a model for wc3 --> Graphics
Making a basic C++ game --> Coding

Xienoph

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Graphics isn't making models. That's for designers. If you want graphics, you need to make the modeling software. But I guess learning how to use them is a first step.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Go to any college website and lookup up the course requirements for a degree in Computer Science. The courses that you have to take in college for that degree are the ones you should concentrate in High School. Getting your degree is the single best thing you can do for your career. Regardless of whether you get on the job training or start working earlier, the statistics show that people with degrees make more money than those that dont.

They are not going to teach you the neat stuff about programming and stuff in school though, but that degree goes a long way to getting you the job that will let you learn that stuff.

Varine

Reaction score
Graphics isn't making models. That's for designers. If you want graphics, you need to make the modeling software. But I guess learning how to use them is a first step.

No... models are graphics. Designers make the framework and design how the program is going to look and run. Programmers.... they program the software. How is making the modelling software in any way graphical?

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
No... models are graphics. Designers make the framework and design how the program is going to look and run. Programmers.... they program the software. How is making the modelling software in any way graphical?

The GUI.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Errr... You didn't take Additional Maths and Physics in high school? Physics is probably not a requirement. But I think Add Maths is. In college you will take Computer Science and Maths, which are requirement for your degree course. Without basic knowledge in high school, I suggest you don't take up IT. Do you know differentiation, progression, integration, graphs equations, trigonometry etc? These are quite tough, and are not as easy as Basic Maths. Anyway, look up the requirements in your nearby college. Consult the counsellor in that college. Get their advice. They know better. A levels is quite tough for you since you're without basic. Try foundation courses. Try Taylor's, Inti or Apiit. Not many are M'sians here. So try not to use too many M'sian terms. :)

Good luck.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
"Computer Jobs" is far far too broad to ask for. I'm going to school to be a Network Systems Admin, but there are tons of other branches of "computer job" courses you could choose to go down.

It's all up to how much you want to do school wise, because good luck getting a job at a high-up company as a programmer with no experience. The ones that get those opportunities are the ones that learned to program at like 5 years old and are godly at it. :p

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Rendering the models. I'm sure there are more, but that's all I can think of. My specialization isn't graphics.

That's called modelling. It is different to making graphics.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
"Computer Jobs" is far far too broad to ask for. I'm going to school to be a Network Systems Admin, but there are tons of other branches of "computer job" courses you could choose to go down.

It's all up to how much you want to do school wise, because good luck getting a job at a high-up company as a programmer with no experience. The ones that get those opportunities are the ones that learned to program at like 5 years old and are godly at it. :p

This is not a true statement. They make a stack of resumes. One with degrees and one without. They rarely interview the one without. The best thing you can to do get an interview at a company is get a degree. You cannot prove you are a whiz or show them anything if you cant get an interview. You can be the most brilliant programmer in the world and they would not know it because you wont get in the door to show them. This has been my problem with getting a "Real" job my whole life. I can work at NASA as a contractor but they are not going to hire me without a degree.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
This is not a true statement. They make a stack of resumes. One with degrees and one without. They rarely interview the one without. The best thing you can to do get an interview at a company is get a degree. You cannot prove you are a whiz or show them anything if you cant get an interview. You can be the most brilliant programmer in the world and they would not know it because you wont get in the door to show them. This has been my problem with getting a "Real" job my whole life. I can work at NASA as a contractor but they are not going to hire me without a degree.

Exactly. And another thing, I don't know if it helps you but I have been unemployed for quite some time now because of a lack of driverslicense:(
Make sure to get that as well. I think it helps a little no matter what job you are trying to get:)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.