Lotr...

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
Can you say hypothetical situation? Elf-Beast introduced the idea and when he got shot down, I defended him/her. No, I'm not a nice person, I just like getting posts. Ha ha ha that's not funnny.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Well, what you COULD do is make a prologue campaign of the Hobbit... Something smaller, with simpler gameplay, to sort of tease people into wanting to play the next one, the BIG story of the Lord of the Rings :D

If you're going to make this, perhaps you should make a new thread in the Member's Projects? That way people will know you're doing it, not asking for help with it :) (Though I'm sure you'll have to, anyway)

And yeah, you can put me down as a helper. Probably mostly for ideas and some annoying work, like the Object Editor. I'm not an expert with the Trigger Editor, but I can do quite a bit :)

Anyway, work out what you want to do, and then post it. We'll work from there.

Lizidian

Reaction score
Alexander said:
Well, what you COULD do is make a prologue campaign of the Hobbit... Something smaller, with simpler gameplay, to sort of tease people into wanting to play the next one, the BIG story of the Lord of the Rings :D

If you're going to make this, perhaps you should make a new thread in the Member's Projects? That way people will know you're doing it, not asking for help with it :) (Though I'm sure you'll have to, anyway)

And yeah, you can put me down as a helper. Probably mostly for ideas and some annoying work, like the Object Editor. I'm not an expert with the Trigger Editor, but I can do quite a bit :)

Anyway, work out what you want to do, and then post it. We'll work from there.

sounds like a plan thanks for your support

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Um..... said:
Legolas: Elven Archer
ffs, when will people learn to start using the priest model for archers? other then a lil sparkly effect it looks fine. and at least legolas can stop being a girl.

E

Elf-Beast

Um..... said:
make an RPG!!

Gimili: Mountain King
Legolas: Elven Archer
Aragorn: Eleven Swordsman
Gandlaf: Apprentice Wizard
Gandalf(Riding Shadowfax):dark Wizard(but make it white)
[make a gargoal stone form ability, then add it to Gandalf]
Frodo: Mini footman?
Sam: " " "
Pippin: " " "
Merry: " " "
Borrimor(gay spelling): Captain

or sumthing...

i know for a fact that there are better models for the LotR characters on wc3ser.ch. there's also a nice Legolas model out there. Oh ya, the Hobbit idea was just an idea, and yes it does relate to LotR as they involve many of the same characters. I just thought it might be a good idea. . . :( besides, I always thought The Hobbit was more fun to read anyway . . .

DM Cross

Reaction score
The Hobbit was less crammed full of details. And flowed a lot better. J.R.R. Tolkien's big bang was LOTR, hence why there's so much in it.

Anyway. Yes, there are some better models and skins out there you can use. Wc3sear.ch has a great Legolas model.

But it's up to Liz.

Rad

Reaction score
Karawasa said:
Never seen a DotA before, good luck on that if you try that. MAKE SURE to get a lot of people to work with you. Your going to need a dedicated team and lots of time to make something to contend with Allstars.

I have, it sucked. I think they all suck everyone knows that... but it was terrible and not like LOTR at all. LOTR cant be an AoS anyways as the actual LOTR was the fellowship traveling it wasnt a war of destroying bases.

EDIT~
Remember that map with the 4 lanes going straight up and you fought your way up? I forget what it was called, but that could be a good LOTR type map..

I think a LOTR campaign would be fun but an epic RPG of it would be better to play online.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Rad said:
LOTR cant be an AoS anyways as the actual LOTR was the fellowship traveling it wasnt a war of destroying bases.

Morder attacked Gondor. Gondor attacked Mordor. :p The last two battles of the movie/book :)

Rad

Reaction score
Then that wouldnt be LOTR that would be the battle of gondor/morder :p

Not a huge fan of storylines I just liked seeing legolas slide on shields and when him and gimli were on the walls he was like "Thats two!" and legolas was like "Im on seventeen!"

Lizidian

Reaction score
Alexander said:
The Hobbit was less crammed full of details. And flowed a lot better. J.R.R. Tolkien's big bang was LOTR, hence why there's so much in it.

Anyway. Yes, there are some better models and skins out there you can use. Wc3sear.ch has a great Legolas model.

But it's up to Liz.

yes we might aswell make a hobbit first to see how much work is ahead of us and get an idea of how long each step will take... I will update the first post with my current team...(only alexander and I so far lol :))

Jo.O

Bored...
Reaction score
I have played a LOTR campaign map b4, but it wasent very fun... i hope you make yours much better.

BTW: shouldent this be in Members Projects?

Lizidian

Reaction score
Currently working on 2 maps as it is so thats why I havnt posted about this in the members projects forum yet lol...

Lizidian

Reaction score
Lol! im sorry but im horrible at cinematics id rather take the time with the little mission/trailer lol

E

Elf-Beast

Rad said:
Then that wouldnt be LOTR that would be the battle of gondor/morder :p

Sorry, more nerd comments . . . But the war between Gondor (actually all of Middle-Earth) and Mordor was the whole basis for the Fellowship. Event though the books only cover small portions of the war in great detail, it was the backbone of the story. The DotA LotR map would simply represent one of the major battles, like Battle of Pelennor Fields.

*edit I misspelled Mordor. I am ashamed.

archerion

Reaction score
Seth said:

But it's up to Liz.

if you think that is full of details you shouldn't read Silmarillion(or something like that)

actually i have never seen any LotR RPGs..?

S

Spoony

You did spell it right.

This sounds really cool, and if it is actually being made (it looks like this thread was started at the beginning of this year), I'd be happy to try and do some skins for it (if you need them), once I get photoshop installed on this computer. I'm no expert, but I may be able to get the job done, at least for some of them...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.