Other Magic Wars! WIP

What do you think?

• Total voters

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
Here is what I have so Far for this map! Definatly 1 of my best so far!! Still alot to be done! lol going to be over 75 spells!! And alot of diferent units!
Please do not steal ideas! Right now I just want a oppinion on it

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
1) Could you give us more information on the map itself? Like what you do, what makes it unique and interesting, simple map info like how many players it is and stuff. To make it cooler, use colors, bolds, text, sizes, and spaces.

2) I'll check it out. :thup:

EDIT: lol Shady, don't vote 5/5 for yourself. :p

Well, I played it. What can I say, it wasn't much... :( There was only 1 hero to choose from and though they have nice names (lol), they're just normal melee spells with normal stats. If you want to make a "Spell" map, you need good spells. The tooltips are custom for the Normal "Learn" view, but for the extended learned view, it's just normal melee stuff. The tooltips are also different - format wise. The normal blizzard spell is just a normal blizzard tooltip with description, level stats, etc. There's nothing wrong with that, but the other skills only show the description in your way. You should make the formats for all tooltips the same. Colors showing stats, levels, hotkeys, etc. would be helpful.

The terrain could also be worked on. It's quite plain... it's just grass all over. Use other doodads and effects and such. For the mode-choosing thing in the beginning with the "Mana", "Health", and stuff, maybe you could make it a different section of the map and make it more nice and organized.

Bug?: The "Spell Building/Laboratory" thing starts with like 500 health only, and all the spells for all the spellbooks are the same...

I don't get the 4th spell for the one hero you have - the dark control thing. It says it takes control of a unit for 5 seconds and deals DPS, and if it dies, it spawns a void unit. But on the learned tooltip, it says it's parasite. Parasite doesn't give you control of the unit; it just deals DPS and buffs it with on-spawn death. Also, to enhance this "spell" map, you could put some triggered spells in it if you don't already know how.

Well, that's just about it. This map could be worked on... Good luck anyway. Hope this doesn't discourage you. :thup:

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
Lol its ok... Its still WIP and I got excited earlier when I added the modes! and I wanted to share.... lol I was only excited but I know I need to work on it all still.. Most of the stuff you saw were testing stuff...

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Mm, well good luck with this. It was pretty good as a testing with the modes, unit selections, etc. :thup:

Rabid_Cows

Reaction score
Eh...

Other for now, reasons why:

1) Lots of spelling errors.

2) There has to be a better way to record number of mana crystals... I lagged like crazy looking at all of the effects back at base.

3) Only one Hero, with some messed up spells (tooltips, ect.)

4) Under custom settings (for hp, mc, visibility, ect.), it asks you to type a number (0-200) for example, and instead of typing a number between 1 to 200, you have to type -200.

If you fix those problems, I would of given it a 3-4/5.

P.S: I know its a WIP, but I think that if you're going to release a beta map, you should at least make it a playable one.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.