Major PC Stinkage

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Not to long ago, my pc crashed. My hard disk appeared to have broken, and without a working hard disk, my computer refused to start and totaly flipped out.

I got myself a new hard disk and reinstalled windows. My computer worked properly now...well....one half works properly.

1: My computer does not connect to my boxes. I dont hear any sound. Even though I'm sure my boxes are 100% properly installed, my computer says there is no audio hardware.

2: My CD reader does not respond either. The strange thing is it could read the cd of my mp3 software and my windows cd, but it cant read any other cd. It simply says there is no cd at all.

3: The computer cant see my mp3. I'm 100% sure it is well connected, since the mp3 can recharge itself like its supposed to. Even though I installed all the software of my mp3, it does not see it.

Could anyone please help me out?

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
Did you properly install all drivers that came with the devices that refuse to work (network card, MP3 player, SATA/PATA controller, ...).

Take a look at your device manager:
"Start" -> "Settings" -> "Control Panel" -> "System" -> "Hardware" -> "Device Manager"

Every entry that carries a yellow warning has to be "fixed" by either installing the correct driver of resolving the conflict that the OS tells you when cou double-click the device.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
You were this-----> [ ]:D close to 1-hit K.O'ing all 3 problems at once, but my cd driver still refuses to work. It doesnt show yellow in that menu.:(

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
Is your HDD a PATA one and connected to the same cable as the CD/DVD drive? If yes, check your jumpers: the HDD should be "master" (or "master with slave present" and not "single drive") and the optical drive "slave" or both set to "cable select".

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.