making a bloodseeker type ability

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Couldn't you select an event to run when the item is dropped then pick the item and create a dummy unit there? It's not really complicated...

KickAssKenny

Reaction score
aight guys we getting closer to this <3 all the help btw :)
ok so im using this trigger now

Ring Vision2
Events
Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Item - Pick every item in (Playable map area) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Picked item)) facing (Position of (Picked item))
Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Druid Of The Talon - Faerie Fire (Picked unit)
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 1 (Red) of type Ring Horder) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing (Position of (Picked unit))
Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 100.00 of (Position of (Last created unit)) matching (((Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)) and ((Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Ring Horder))) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Sorceress - Slow (Picked unit)

now the faerie fire is working perfectly but the dummy still isnt casting the slow on the unit :(
also im so noob how do you make my dummy unselectable? lmfao

FarAwaY

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Add a "locust" ability to the target.
And how do u expect the dummy unit to cast slow on the target when it has a 1 second expiration timer? The dummy unit "expires" in other words means DEAD within a second. So How do u expect him to cast slow?

And as a side note, dont use too many "Periodic Event" triggers - they can make the paper comps lag.

KickAssKenny

Reaction score
Add a "locust" ability to the target.
And how do u expect the dummy unit to cast slow on the target when it has a 1 second expiration timer? The dummy unit "expires" in other words means DEAD within a second. So How do u expect him to cast slow?

And as a side note, dont use too many "Periodic Event" triggers - they can make the paper comps lag.

add locust to what? :confused:
and i know they do lag it up some
and could you suggest how to get a speed buff on the unit :)<3?
id give you rep if i could... says i must spread it around more before giving you more lmao

FarAwaY

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Add locust to the unit you want to make unselectable. The "Locust" Ability makes your unit unselectable. =)

Hmm, for a speed buff, you shud definitely use Endurance Aura. Set all the values to 0 except for movement speed. If you want maxed movement speed, set the increase of movement speed % to the highest value, then give the ability to the dummy unit.

Dont destroy the dummy unit first...Set the dummy unit as a variable, so the unit receives the aura's effects.

After the unit picks up the item, then destroy the dummy unit.

KickAssKenny

Reaction score
Add locust to the unit you want to make unselectable. The "Locust" Ability makes your unit unselectable. =)

Hmm, for a speed buff, you shud definitely use Endurance Aura. Set all the values to 0 except for movement speed. If you want maxed movement speed, set the increase of movement speed % to the highest value, then give the ability to the dummy unit.

Dont destroy the dummy unit first...Set the dummy unit as a variable, so the unit receives the aura's effects.

After the unit picks up the item, then destroy the dummy unit.

im still destroying the dummy and everything is working fine but how do i make it so only Unit Type A gets the endurance aura... i tried changing unit type A targeted as ground,suicidal and the aura target suicidal only and that didnt work... any suggestions?

FarAwaY

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Hmm try changing it to Ancient. then you set targets allowed to Ancient only....no others.

OR you can do a trigger. But it might be too long...
u first identify who are the owners of the Type A units.

Pick every unit matching matching unit type equal to Unit Type A and do actions:
-Add owner of picked unit to TypeAPlayers

This means you are classifying those owners as TypeAPlayers. Then you do this:
Pick every player in TypeAPlayers and do create AuraUnit for picked player.

These "AuraUnits" are another dummy unit which grant Endurance aura only to Player Units...but this might be too long for your liking...try the Ancient first.

KickAssKenny

Reaction score
Hmm try changing it to Ancient. then you set targets allowed to Ancient only....no others.

OR you can do a trigger. But it might be too long...
u first identify who are the owners of the Type A units.

Pick every unit matching matching unit type equal to Unit Type A and do actions:
-Add owner of picked unit to TypeAPlayers

This means you are classifying those owners as TypeAPlayers. Then you do this:
Pick every player in TypeAPlayers and do create AuraUnit for picked player.

These "AuraUnits" are another dummy unit which grant Endurance aura only to Player Units...but this might be too long for your liking...try the Ancient first.

quick question can it be (ground, ancient) then the aura just target ancients so i dont have to make all my other units able to target ancients lol?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.