making a transform ability dont know how!!

spirits

Reaction score
the transformation trigger Copy
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to war spirits
Actions
Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a THErapist using The old unit's relative life and mana

well its supposed to transform this hero into another one but instead its replacing it with the original and the new one helpp pleaseee

oh and this is the other hero trigger to transform into the one above

the transformation trigger
Events
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a Maiev using The old unit's relative life and mana

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Code:

Why do you remove Triggering unit? No need to add this action. Remove it. The replace action will 'remove' the Triggering unit automatically.

Try this:
Code:
Events
Conditions
Actions
  If then else
     Condition
        Unit-type of (Triggering unit) Equal to [B]Maiev[/B]
     Then - Actions
        Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a THErapist using The old unit's relative life and mana
     Else - Actions
        Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a Maiev using The old unit's relative life and mana

Anyway, you can always use Metamorphosis, Bear Form etc... Any reason why not using?

spirits

Reaction score
well im not using metamorph cause i wanted to have 2 different skill sets (maive is melee and tehrapist is ranged. so they transform into each other)

okay well im looking at your trigger and it says

else replace with the maive?

let me try to explain my spell more clearly. when im maive and cast war spirits it is supposed to transform my hero into the range hero(with different skill set)

your trigger which i havent tried yet says once maive casts the spell then replace with the range hero(the rapist llol)

but your else statment does it have to be there or is it needed?

woah didnt see your bear form idea maybe ill try that if no one else can help

and it works for 2 tries

from melee to range it works then in my range form it works turning into melee but from melee it cant(i think its cause of the thing "equal to maive that has been generarted or placed on map. any way to pick all maives that do it makes the spell go?)

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Hmmm... Let me explain my trigger.

You have 2 different unit-types, Maiev and Rapist (=.="). Both these units have War Spirits.

My trigger works like:

If Maiev casts War Spirits, then it will morph to Rapist.

Else, if not Maiev cast War Spirit (meaning Rapist because there are no other units having War Spirits besides Rapist), then it will morph to Maiev.

So the trigger should work as I think you wanted?

Edit:
Anyway, to avoid confusion, you can also use this:

Code:
Events
Conditions
Actions
  If then else
     Condition
        Unit-type of (Triggering unit) Equal to [B]Maiev[/B]
     Then - Actions
     Else - Actions
  If then else
     Condition
        Unit-type of (Triggering unit) Equal to [B]THErapist[/B]
     Then - Actions
     Else - Actions

spirits

Reaction score
nvm i see how it works :p
but it works to a point from melee to range then back to melee but it doesnt work anymore

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> range then back to melee but it doesnt work anymore

Not sure. Could probably be a bug. Also, try to define 'doesn't work'. You could've done something wrong in your trigger. Post your most current trigger.

needsthehelp

Reaction score
Change triggering unit to "Casting unit

Code:
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Remove (Casting unit)) from the game
        Unit - Replace (Casting unit)) with a THErapist using The old unit's relative life and mana

Code:
Maiev
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Remove (Casting unit) from the game
        Unit - Replace (Casting unit)) with a Maiev using The old unit's relative life and mana

Lyle.

Reaction score
Do these units need different skills?
Do they need a cooldown on their transformation skill?

Also as vypur said, you don't need to remove the unit.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> Change triggering unit to "Casting unit

This will not make it any better. It may only make it worse. Triggering unit is the best event response used whenever possible.

spirits

Reaction score
Events
Conditions
Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Triggering unit) Equal to Maiev 0001 <gen>
Then - Actions
Else - Actions

when it says in the if action condition it says triggering unit = to maive is there a way to change maive into all heroes that are maive instead of the spiecific one cause i think thats why its not working after i double switch

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
No wonder... :p You did something wrong. Don't use pre-placed units as comparison in your condition. Use Unit-Type Comparison. In this case, it should be Maiev.

Code:
Event
Conditions
Actions
 If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
  If - Conditions
   [B]Unit-type of (Triggering unit) Equal to Maiev[/B] <-- [I]Maiev!!![/I]
  Then - Actions
  Else - Actions

Now try to get the above trigger. It should work after that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.