Mall Infestation v1.0.0

SoupNBread

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I'm kicking down the door and pulling out the big guns! I present to you Mall Infestation, a Warcraft III map. Almost ready for Alpha testing, the full map will include a full storyline, varying difficulties, custom tilesets, and tons of carnage. The alpha will have all the basics in, like gameplay, items, and a little bit of the story. I will be looking for Alpha testers within the next few weeks, as long as I don't scratch this project.

This map pits you and your S.W.A.T. buddies in the middle of a freak accident. The city of Maycomb has been cut off from all communication due to an outbreak. You and your squad must find out how this outbreak occured and attempt to stop it.
Screenshots:

+ means Done
= means Halfway
- means Needs Work

ALPHA:
Terrain +
Units +
Items +
Triggering +
Story +

BETA:
Terrain =
Units +
Items -
Triggering =
Story =

This is the first map I've made in a long time. Please critique it and pick it apart. The map goes up to the quest Zombie Genocide, in which the rest is coded, but locked.

~SoupNBread

DOWNLOAD
Filefront - http://files.filefront.com/MallInfestationv100_pro_w3x/;6720372;;/fileinfo.html
Store and Serve - http://storeandserve.com/download/737483/MallInfestationv1.0.0-protect-.w3x.html

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
You have a NICE desktop :). I'd like to have it...but it's brown, and it really isn't my color :p.

This looks interesting....need any help?

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Looks pretty cool, let me guess its based off of DeadRising huh? That games sweet...:)

hi_im_bob

......and you are?
Reaction score
Looks/sounds interesting, but justing looking from screen shots everything looks, to boxy. Even though it is a mall you should try making it look more interesting. You might also want to consider imprting some units because mall+rifleman=???

That was the critique part, but I am definatly willing to test.

SoupNBread

Reaction score
@Thanatos - I'll upload to filefront. (EDIT: Uploaded, Link in first post)

@ban - I did get the idea from Dead Rising, and the minimap image and loading screen are from press images.

@bob - I'm trying to find doodads that'll fit a mall setting, and maybe a better model for the security guards XD

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I

IKilledKEnny

It looks.... Well I guess 'AWESOME' would be the right word here. Going to try that as soon as I can! +REP anyway. :)

SoupNBread

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind comment! It's still not as pollished as I'd like it to be... if you guys find any doodads or other models you think would go well in here just PM me or post them here.

I

IKilledKEnny

Ok I tryed it for about 20 minutes. You have a nice start there, I think that this could turn to be a great project but I have few suggestions.

1. You need to make the game harder, it's too easy in my opinion.
2. Make it that the more players the harder it is. One way is to simply spawn number of zombies depending on number of players, or make the unplayed S.W.A.Ts follow the players and aid them in battle.
3. Add abilities! People will get bored quickly without abilities!
4. Make it require more thinking and strategy. All I was doing is shooting and running a way.
5. Make map larger, it'll be too short in my opinion.
6. I might haven't seen it yet because I was playing for a short time but I suggest you make quests and such.

Sorry if this post sounds negative, I do like your game, and I would be happy to help you with it if you are intrested.

I assumed you wanted honest comments?

Again, I like the game, but you could make it more interesting!

P.S. You made the dark feeling great! I was really scared! :p

SoupNBread

Reaction score
Thanks for some feedback. I have a random spawn across the mall for zombies... should I make it a bit faster, I have it set to 1 zombie per 4 seconds. Maybe set it so how many players there are, that's how many zombies it spawns every 4 seconds?

Now there are quests but it doesn't tell you that you have a new quest and such, just check the quest log. First one starts from the cook.

Abilities have been a problem for me, I'm not sure what I should do for abilities.

Also, should I buff the zombies?

I'm going on player opinion here so tell me what you think!

~Olive Garden

@IKilledKEnny: thanks for the critique, and the comment about the darkness... I didn't think it was dark enough in my opinion :)

I

IKilledKEnny

I would be glad to help you with abilities if that's ok.

I think making unplayed S.W.A.Ts follow the players woulc be the best solution.

Main suggestion is: Make the game harder!

SoupNBread

Reaction score
I've already buffed the zombies a bit more, placed down more super zombies (which are no longer ranged) and included difficulty changes depending on the amount of players.

P.S. Did you die or quit? When you die it replaces you with a zombie SWAT :eek:

SoupNBread

Reaction score
Main thing is, I have no ideas, maybe other than like a critical strike type ability.
I also have now modified the SWAT death trigger. Originally it just created a new SWAT for the computer but now it actually revives the player then switches its owner so instead of fighting a level 1 SWAT you could be fighting a 12

SoupNBread

Reaction score
Well, 1.0.1 is actually coming along nicely. Now just so you know, to get the story going and to be doing stuff you have to go towards the south and get into the little encampment that's set up. I did a 2 player test with a friend and I decided to follow him and let him go where he needed, and he asked what was the point, because he hadn't found the quests.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
I reached level 20 (The highest) but all of the Survivors and Security Guards on the bottom were dead and the Security over at the "picnic" (Near the Mall entrance) were also dead. The 3 Survivors at the far right...they died :(. I managed to kill the Blue Zombie and got his head, I also got the Vial but the head came first, so I couldn't go any furthur. Do you have to get the Vial and then the head?

SoupNBread

Reaction score
You don't need to actually pick up the items, but your supposed to get the vial before the head. The random spawn occasionally puts zombies in the survivor areas, causing havoc, but I think it's pretty funny.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.