Crime Man arrested on cruise ship is latest to be accused of stealing Hertz car

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
A Hertz customer who was arrested aboard a cruise ship last week has become the latest customer to say the company falsely accused them of stealing one of its rental cars.

Charles Doucette, a pharmacy and healthcare consultant from New Hampshire, said he was on a Caribbean cruise with his girlfriend when, back in a Florida port early Friday morning, police came to the door while the couple was sleeping.

"We opened it and it was security for the boat," he said. "Customs and Border came onto the boat and told me to turn around, face the wall with my hands behind my back."

Doucette described the incident while sitting in Florida's Brevard County Jail, where he remained Tuesday.

"This is the most horrific experience of my life," he told CBS News' consumer investigative correspondent Anna Werner in a phone interview.

Doucette is just the latest person saying Hertz filed a false police report against them. Bankruptcy court documents unsealed last week, after CBS News intervened in court, show the company filing thousands of police reports each year, roughly 8,000 every year for four years.

-------------------------------------
Seriously never rent from Hertz. They do this kind of stuff all the time. It is cheaper for them to file a police report then to do that "exhaustive search" they claim they do before they file a police report. The number of people falsely arrested because of Hertz is shocking and scary. Avoid Hertz like the plague if you value your freedom.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.