Weird Man Fakes Being Retarded to Get Welfare

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
A Vancouver man admitted Friday that for two decades he pretended to be mentally retarded in front of Social Security evaluators so he and his mother could receive disability payments.

Peter J. Costello, 28, pleaded guilty to Social Security fraud in U.S. District Court in Tacoma.

He will be sentenced May 11.

His mother, Rosie M. Costello, is charged with coaching her son since he was 8 to act retarded and maintaining that she needed to care for him after he turned 18. Her trial is set for May 21.

-----------------
Read the whole story - it is actually very interesting.

Last edited:

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of that South Park episode where Cartman pretends to be retarded to be able to participate in the Paralympics.

And The Ringer.. but he had a reason to to do it.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
LOL WTF?

What nerve of some parents to make their kid act retarded. I say the PARENT is retarded....

Vulcansurge

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
The name of the person trying to become prime minister in australia is also called Peter Costello...

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Well considering some of these:

“It’s pretty difficult to fake mental retardation,” Barbosa said Friday. “It takes a certain amount of effort.”

He contested the ticket in Clark County District Court — not realizing he’d be caught on video talking and behaving normal.

I'd say he's got SOME kind of brain defect. :p

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
You mean Dane Cook and his Employee of the Month movie was OK. He was good on Waiting.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.