Map not loading from campaign

redwings1340

Reaction score
I am creating a campaign from the Warcraft 3 editor that involves 10 levels, and my last level, level 10, does not load when I try and load it from a campaign button. In the Frozen Throne custom campaign screen, when I click the button, it just takes me back to the campaign screen. Every other level in this campaign loads normally, and I have absolutely no clue what is or could be different about this level to make it stop loading.

Possibilities I've thought of:
1) It could be a problem with the custom units in this map. I made these levels before I knew what the campaign editor was, so custom objects from the campaign are also not showing up in a play through of this level. If I copy a custom object from the campaign custom objects in to the map though, it will show up.
2) It isn't a problem with the button itself, because when I tried to create a different campaign or loaded this level on a different button, it still didn't load. It also did not load when I tried setting this to the next level after level 9 of the campaign (it went back to the campaign screen). I also tried changing the name of the map by saving map as, and then reloading it in to the campaign, and nothing changed. When I changed the test map file though to make that work for the campaign level, it did load from test map.
3) I do not have battle.net and this map was created on a slightly different wc3 version than the one that I am running, so it could be a side effect of shenanigans there, but none of my other levels have this problem and have the same warcraft 3 version awkwardness between them.

I will try to figure out a way to upload the campaign if you guys want to check it out, but I can't figure out a way to. For some reason only the demo campaign is showing in the campaign folder, and I can't find the map to post here, although I can open and edit it perfectly from the wc3 editor. Is that normal? Oh well, I think it's unrelated, because this opening thing is only happening to level 10, and not any others.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be happening here? Thanks!

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Before uploading all your maps (you cannot upload campaigns here). Try posting the "load next level trigger" from your level 9 map.

redwings1340

Reaction score
Here are a few images of what I have. I've done this process a bunch of times before and it has worked every time before now, and I have no idea what is different about this level.

campaign editor buttons.PNGcampaign editor.PNGvictory trigger level 09.PNG

Solu9

Reaction score
So does the map load if you play, and complete, level 9?

redwings1340

Reaction score
No, it doesn't. If you try and load it from the campaign button in game, or from finishing level 9, it will go to the campaign screen. Level 10 does work on test map, though (once I changed the test map file to work in a campaign).

Solu9

Reaction score
This might be a stupid question and probably unrelated. All those RoC maps in the campaign. Is that really true? I mean not a single TfT function or unit is used in those maps?

redwings1340

Reaction score
I created these maps over a very long period of time, some of which I didn't have the expansion. I've recently been updating these maps and putting them in the campaign editor, and as soon as I put them in the campaign editor the extension stops changing. So, basically, I created the first draft of all these levels in the RoC editor, and then modified a few of them to the expansion editor before uploading them in the campaign editor. They all now have expansion triggers in them, but didn't initially, leading to that weird combination of .w3m and .w3x extensions.

Solu9

Reaction score
This is probably not the solution, especially since the maps are stored in the campaign file, but check if the campaign file and the map files are not protected. By this I do not mean as in editor protected, but as in the standard windows protection. You know by right clicking the file in it's folder.

redwings1340

Reaction score
it appears to be, there's a little lock symbol by the maps and the campaigns at least. It also seems to really want to be read only, but I think I got it to not do that anymore.
warcraft 3 campaign.PNG

redwings1340

Reaction score
Thanks for helping. Unfortunately I will be leaving for Montana in 3 hours, so if you ask me more questions, I am not going to respond very quickly. Just post stuff here if you have any ideas, thank you again!

Solu9

Reaction score
Alright. It sounds like either a problem at the end of level 9 or the beginning of level 10. Perhaps something to do with how you save/load the cache?
It seems like there can be a gazillion reasons to why it won't work. Unfortunately I'm not that into campaigns that I can locate your problem from what you have written.

Hopefully someone else can give a better advice to what causes the map not to load.

However I can keep on coming with possibilities to why it won't work, but have no idea if that's the problem.

redwings1340

Reaction score
hmm, when I get back home I could try disabling the game cache triggers to see if that does anything. Not sure why it would stop the level from loading though. I don't think it has anything to do with level 9, because it already isn't loading from the campaign screen independently of that level. Unfortunately I can't test anything for a week, but thanks!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.