Maximum number of abilities on a unit without icons.

jedi8955

Reaction score
I was wondering, how many abilities can a unit have if the abilities don't take up icon slots?

I know that a unit can only have 5 usable icon abilities without needing to take a spellbook.

But what about innate abilities that aren't interactive and don't show up in the useable icons? For example, giving a unit the Item armor bonus ability and then using triggers to manipulate its level. Could I do this for a bunch of stuff or am I still limited to 5?

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
You can add as many item abilities as you want (i don't think there's a limit) BUT! You can not advance them through levels, you have to make an item ability for EACH level you want to

Lehona

Reaction score
You can add as many item abilities as you want (i don't think there's a limit) BUT! You can not advance them through levels, you have to make an item ability for EACH level you want to

Actually not, you can use Abilitys in a "binary way". Just create abilities with + 1/2/4/8/16/32/64/128[...] Armor or whatever you want. Then you can easily give the Unit any Armor bonus from 1 - 255. Just take an algorithm like this:

If Bonus > 128 then AddAbil(128-Armor-Bonus) Bonus = Bonus - 128 endif
If Bonus > 64 then AddAbil(64-Armor Bonus) Bonus = Bonus - 64 endif
And so on of course.

jedi8955

Reaction score
You can add as many item abilities as you want (i don't think there's a limit)

Awesome, thanks. I plan on using this for a "customization tower", it basically adds one stat and subtracts another. I was going to use just adding item abilities but saw that it doesn't stack them when added by a trigger.

Nenad said:
BUT! You can not advance them through levels, you have to make an item ability for EACH level you want to

I'm using a trigger right now that does this, works perfectly. It's triggered by a unit using an ability that gives +armor to everyone around him and is more effective the more units use it.

Basically, I went in and gave the item ability 10 levels (and set level 1 to equal no bonus) and each time the ability is triggered, it adds 1 level to the ability, then subtracts it after 10 seconds.

Here's the link to the thread where we got it working:

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=143817

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score

Erm do you mean that item abilities can't be leveled? Just change it to a unit ability and the leveling works fine.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Oh, my bad. Didn't think that would work XD. Ignore my comment then ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.