Melee <--> Range?

Ryuu

I am back with Chocolate (:
Reaction score
Is it possible to convert a unit's attacks from Melee to Range and vice versa?

Ryuu

Reaction score
The thing is, my unit is a Hero, where there are levels, items and abilities.
If I use Bear Form, and I change back to my original form, will all the items, abilities, levels, etc. retain?

crazyfanatic

Reaction score
Maybe youll need some additional triggers, but if you play DotA you can see tha Troll Warlord's Berserkers Rage spell - based on bear form

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
Actually, from the way the unit behaves during the switch (drops all orders) i would say the unit morphed using the ability "chaos" which instantly changed a unit into another unit (Seige tanks use chaos to unlock anti air attacks by switching out the tank compleatly with that ability)

Chaos works the instant the unit aquires it as long as tech tree requirements are met (you can set to none)

Some warnings with chaos tho...

If you chaos a unit into itself (IE Footman chaos into Footman) the attack damage for that unit will doubble

As for what you want to do.... Both versions of the hero will have their own corrisponding "Switch" dummy skill which when used will give that hero chaos (chaos also swaps out unit skills between the units) (you can manually add the ability after the first level has been learned for the hero so there isnt a passive icon just sitting there as the ability being learned is a dummy ability <the actual learned ability is not shown on the hero>)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
using bear form or metamorphosis of the demon hunter is absolutly fine. just remember the demon hunter got melee attack while the demon he turns into has a ranged attack and everything works out nice.

Ryuu

Reaction score
Does all the stuff remain? By stuff I meant items, abilities, HP, MP, buffs, etc.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
If you play DotA, Troll's first morphing ability should be based off Bear Form. Same goes to Syllabear etc. Their items, MP, HP etc remain after morph (just make sure the stats for both normal and alternate units are the same, only change their attack range)... No need trigger. Just test it yourself to confirm.

crazyfanatic

Reaction score
using bear form or metamorphosis of the demon hunter is absolutly fine. just remember the demon hunter got melee attack while the demon he turns into has a ranged attack and everything works out nice.

Metamorphosis is not good, its timed.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
@Ryuu: Did you never play warcraft III? of course everything remains or did it happen to you that your demon hunter lost all items after using metamorphosis.
dont worry, it will most probably work.

@crazyfanatic: You can set the duration to 0.00 so its not timed.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.