Minimap dilemma!

Bananarama1

Reaction score
Hey there!

Quick question: Is it possible to keep the fog of war effect on every players minimap, and yet give them entire map visibility ingame? The camera is locked to one unit, so they can't move it across the map at will, but I want everything to be visible in that one fixed-sized screen. I disabled the black mask/fog, and that allowed the unit to see the entire screen desired, but the entire minimap was also on show, allowing them to see enemy positions, etc...

I know it is possible to replace the minimap with just a black image, but I still want discovered areas to be revealed on the map itself. So is it at all possible to reveal the map to the unit without the minimap being fully discovered?

I have tried just setting the unit's view distance to max, but doodads/other things don't show up, and the environment looks worse as a whole, as if it is permanently night.

Cheers!

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Enable Fog of War again and change the units sight range to fit the screen size.

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I take it that you have changed the distance to target with the camera function to more than the default?
I find it strange that it seems that you can't change this in the gameplay constants. Anyway, could you add an item, ability that give +sight range?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.