MiniMap Limitations

Capndrs

Reaction score
How do you get the minimap to show only one area at a time if your map size is huge or epic.

For example in some maps where the minimap is hard to follow and then you enter a cave or building, and the minimap changes from showing everything to only showing the building area, kinda like it zooms in.

Can anyone help?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
change camera boundaries to a certain rect will do what you want, though not only the minimap will be limited the player wont even be able to scroll out of the rect.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
> change camera boundaries to a certain rect will do what you want, though not only the minimap will be limited the player wont even be able to scroll out of the rect.

that doesn't change the minimap image.

Scary Nachos

Castro flashing Gang Signs!
Reaction score
>How do you get the minimap to show only one area at a time if your map size is huge or epic.

For example in some maps where the minimap is hard to follow and then you enter a cave or building, and the minimap changes from showing everything to only showing the building area, kinda like it zooms in.

Can anyone help?

I dont think you can, if your talking about something in campaign, you cant do that unless you make your map a campaign single player.

Capndrs

Reaction score
>How do you get the minimap to show only one area at a time if your map size is huge or epic.

Can anyone help?

I dont think you can, if your talking about something in campaign, you cant do that unless you make your map a campaign single player.

No. I have seen it. I know i sound like a crack addict but i know its possible, but its proabaly really difficult.

Capndrs

Reaction score
I'm not sure of the name. But on battle.net on an ice themed all-skate maze that was known for having 5 continues, but eventually was reduced. I'm sorry i dont know the name, maybe you know idk.

Capndrs

Reaction score
Ok:
It is almost like you enter a new map through a game cache but you dont.
The map seems like it is reduced to a small map and the minimap shows that as well.

I may have just misunderstood the whole thing and maybe he made a new map idenical to the area in his map.

But i dont think so.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
only ice map i know is Area of ice escape 4.

and that definately does not zoom the minimap. (even though the camera is restricted to each maze)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.