Missile's shooting from feet?

maplenet2

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is a common problem that has been solved many times but, i really need help with this. When it comes to making a new projectile weapon, I don't know how to change the launch location of the missile. I don't know where to change the attachment of the weapon. Please help..

also, if its possible, is there a way to change the impact location too? Because sometimes if a missile hits a newly made unit, it usually targets the center of the model or the base (Which is the ground). It doesn't bother me as bad, but it would be nice if the missile hits the outside parts of the model.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
You need an attack actor.

Check out how it's done with the Marauder. It got an actor named Marauder Attack (as far as I remember). Which is attached to the launch missile and damage effects of the weapon.

I dont remember it from the back of my head, but there is something in the actor that defines the launch location of the missile, look for it ;)

If not I'll elaborate when I get home.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
All of the attachment points are set in the Attack Actor. I'm not quite sure how you have made your weapon, but you should have made an Attack Actor (Action). You can set the the launch location of the weapon by modifying the Combat: Launch Attachment Query + property. You can modify the impact location by modifying the Combat: Impact Attachment Query + property.

You might also want to make sure the Art: Missile property on the Attack Actor is set to the Actor of your missile object. If this is not set correctly, then it won't matter what you to set your attachment points too as they will not work.

Dave312

Reaction score
Open up the Cutscenes Module and use the pane of the left hand side to insert your model. Then go Render -> Show Geometry -> Attachment Points to make the attachment locations visible. Then Right-Click on the model and go Show Model Data. A list of a the available attachment points can be seen in the window that opens (under the Attachment Points folder). Double click on an attachment to make that point pulse on the model.

maplenet2

Reaction score
the Combat: Launch Attachment Query is automatically attached to Filter Weapon 00. Yet i don't know if that attachment method is set to the model's weapon attachment which is ref_weapon [e_attachRef_weapon].

Dave312

Reaction score
If you go to the Attach Methods data type, you can look up the values which it searches for. So in your case, if you look at Filter Weapon 00, the values in the Basic: Keys+ property is Weapon with and index of 0. What this means is that this attach method will return an attachment point which has the word Weapon.

I'm not 100% sure about what the index means, but I think that if there are multiple attachment points with the word Weapon, an index of 0 will return the first attachment point. An index of -1 will return a random index.

So you could try changing it to Filter Weapon. If that doesn't work then I'm not entirely sure what is wrong.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.