Mission Briefings

F

fumphis

I'm trying to make a simple mission briefing--nothing but text. Whenver I play my map on bnet, the game starts instantly, without me or anyone else clicking the Start button, and the text in the briefing does not have time to begin scrolling down. I have a wait command in the trigger, but it doesn't help. I've never had this happen before--what's going on?

Ilendil

Most Respected Former Admin
Reaction score
You have to make the text wait time and pause (wait) time to be equal.

U

Unregistered

I explained how to in the other post, you only need to ask your question once.

C

Coop

MAKE COOL BRIEFINGS!! WITH COLOR!! AND BLINKING STUFF THAT MOVE !! YEA!!!

U

Unregistered

I find mission briefings to be a waste a lot of the time because no one really reads them. I bet most people just glimps at the mission objectives then click start. Saying that don't spend a lot of time on them. I have probably played helms deep 500+ times and I have yet to read even a portion of the intro.

C

Coop

I look at the briefings.. Especially when there colory :)
I like to make cool briefings cause thats what cool people do, ya know?

U

Unregistered

I make them too, but I don't put much time into them because the only time people read them is when you don't hit start and make them :).

C

Coop

The Briefing freezes when you hit start anyway.. atleast it does for me

U

Unregistered

It depends on if the text is all under one "display text" command. If you have a few different "display text" commands it will not go to the next one most of the time, but it can happen.

U

Unregistered

Na I am happy with plain editor, besides you can steal the color codes from other maps that have them and cut and paste them in yours :).

C

Coop

You didnt, lol...I did that before SCXE came out ;o. Also, i didnt know u could make briefing text blink alone with SCXE (Sarcastic)

U

Unregistered

:( :D :p ;)

Trying to figure out all the type commands for the smiley's.

U

Unregistered

Dude you do know you don't have to have the last post on every thread, the world will not explode if you don't.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.