Model Editor/Creator needed, Footmen vs Grunt remake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward

Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Edward Solomon, I will be re-making Footmen vs Grunts. I already have a fully functioning copy of the map made in the Warcraft 3 map editor, it can be found here. If you are familiar with Footmen vs Grunts you will see many similarities, as well many contrasts from the original.

http://www.epicwar.com/maps/141808/

This map will be remade using the Starcraft II Galaxy Editor. Seeing as all of the trigger commands available in Warcraft 3 are also available in Starcraft II (and the Galaxy Editor has a nice garbage collection system and won't bug as much) I will be able to quickly recreate this map using the Starcraft 2 map editor.

However, I will need a model creator and editor. In fact, having several model creators would be preferable. I also expect the model creators/editors to be capable of making custom projectiles for spells, mainly for hero units.

Take a look at the cannons in the map I provided above. The stunning realism of these cannons (through use of optimized triggers!) is what I am capable of doing with every custom model/unit/hero/structure/spell/doodad that is made. Thus rest assured, you're hard work will be in good hands!

Also look at the Blade Pool Trigger (test it it out too!). Although the trigger functions perfectly, as well as the swirling/cutting up of the units inside of it, the blade itself looks awful. I will be needing a custom made doodad to replace this spinning blade, preferably a curved blade, with two separate blades extending in opposite directions, although at different heights.

In fact there's a lot for us to discuss! You will get credits. Make sure you pick a strong and memorable name for the credits! I would also recommend allowing me to announce your e-mail address in the credit page, so others can recruit you!

Also, you get to keep your models as your own, you can even publish them before allowing me to use them. I would say that the first person that can create an entire package of warcraft III units will make a decent buck off the new Blizzard market, however you'll need to sell an entire package, no one is going to spend money to buy individual units, trust me. However, I trust that you will allow me to use these models for free (e-mail them to me).

Here are the general features of the map the contrast to the original.

Footmen can be upgraded late in the game for mounted footmen. Grunts can also be upgraded to chaos grunts (a custom model featuring an armored and shielded grunt).

Sixteen spike traps on the alliance side of the map, and sixteen fire traps on the horde side of the map. These traps fire automatically every 60 seconds killing all non-heros above them. The traps are marked with doodads.

Two acid pools on the alliance side that can be activated separately every 60 seconds killings all units (and heros) contained in them.

Two Blade Pools on the Horde side that have the same effect (this is my favorite trigger, as it makes the units spin in a tornado and cuts them to ribbons).

Spike barriers in front of towers that damage non-heros for 25% of their hp (cannot reduce them below 75% hp).

Mortar teams and horde demolishers replaced with cannons. An entire folder of triggers is dedicated to the realism of these cannons.

Gates that can be opened via switch. Gates can only be opened by the appropriate team.

Grief-proof unit mass.

Built-in anti-feed mechanism (move your non-hero units to the back of your castle to kill them instantly).

Credits in quest menu.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Units:
Due to the superior advantages offered by terrain on this map, ranged units have had their ranged nearly doubled, but their damage nearly halved.

Melee units have had their hp doubled and their attack power increased slightly.

Peasants can build lumber mills to harvest lumber for important upgrades and hero items (this becomes a must). Peasants are available at the hero center near the castle.

War Elephants and a special race-specific unit can be purchased at the Heart of the Alliance/Horde building to bolster your armies.

All unit spawning triggers have been optimized from Newbie-w3's original iteration by using a similar system seen in Starcraft Brood War maps for spawning units.

Caster units have had the range of their spells increased appropriately.

Raiders replaced with Blood Elf Knights.

Noble Knights and Ogre Lords are very much worth getting!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Heros:
Many more creeps and item/tome drops added.

Max level increased to 20

Currently undergoing unit balancing.

If you're interested, post here and contact me at [email protected]

Thanks

Switch33

Reaction score
I will be able to quickly recreate this map using the Warcraft III map editor.
Typo. You meant sc2 editor.

If you are familiar with Footmen vs Grunts you will see many similarities, as well many contrasts from the original.
It looked like every other re-make of the map. The bigger terrain probably makes it worse for online play. More creep bosses for yet more rewards so heroes can be even stronger than they were which is ridiculous.

Also, you get to keep your models as your own, you can even publish them before allowing me to use them. I would say that the first person that can create an entire package of warcraft III units will make a decent buck off the new Blizzard market, however you'll need to sell an entire package, no one is going to spend money to buy individual units, trust me. However, I trust that you will allow me to use these models for free (e-mail them to me).

So in your logic everyone should pay for someone else's models yet you shouldn't? Right. . .Also your suggesting that people sell wc3 models in a package for no reason. Yes maps were going to be sold but there were no classifications for it. And before sc2 came along there were thousands of wc3 models that were for free on countless sites. Now that sc2 suddenly comes along the 300 or so models in wc3 which can probably be mostly converted should be sold? A remake of wc3 into sc2 just for a single map like this is a waste of resources. Wc3 is a great game and so is sc2. But completely converting sc2 into wc3 seems like a downgrade if it's just to accomplish a single map that was done in it.

Overall. . .You could have been creative and made Zealots vs. Zerglings or something. But instead you chose to post this ridiculous post claiming, "Hey guys i want all the wc3 models made for me for free. Cause I want to make a re-make of a map that has been re-made a 1000 times in wc3. And oh btw you should sell the models for profit but give them to me for free."

Edward

Reaction score
You obviously didn't realize how units were vastly improved, thus making heros less powerful. In fact this version of the map emphasizes units over heros. One of the things I didn't like about Footmen vs Grunts was my units getting stomped by heros. As you have not noticed this fact, would it be reasonable to say that your input is invalid?

EDIT:
I don't want Zealots vs Zerglings, I've thought about it many times. Sorry but I like medieval warfare and the warcraft III audience is practically dead, does not respond to new maps. I also haven't seen a Footmen vs Grunt maps in nearly a year being hosted (and no one joins it when I host it). Thus I'd like to get a new version of the map out with more emphasis on unit and tactics, more "Starcraft" like in that sense. Perhaps you haven't observed the changes to siege weapons? Or the fact that peasants/peons can build walls, or that there is a lumber harvesting system, or that you can upgrade your footmen/grunts to mounted footmen/shield berzerking grunts (that use custom models), haven't noticed the beautiful cannon triggers, the perfect timing of the sounds for the cannons via trigger, in fact you haven't noticed anything.

Yes your input is invalid. Have a nice day.

PS.

God forbid I ask the favor of being allowed to use the units for free, I can't imagine how much time it takes to make these custom models with proper animation, since I have job (don't know about you) I think they deserve every penny. If someone will make them but demands proper pay, they will get it, I'm just asking that they allow me to use them for free since they'll be in the CREDITS as a co-author of the map.

Plus you started off criticizing me for a typo, that alone invalidates you.

Arkless

Reaction score
You obviously didn't realize how units were vastly improved, thus making heros less powerful. In fact this version of the map emphasizes units over heros. One of the things I didn't like about Footmen vs Grunts was my units getting stomped by heros. As you have not noticed this fact, would it be reasonable to say that your input is invalid?

Wich makes it just another version of Footmen vs. Grunts... Thats what he said... Just ballance changes.

EDIT:
I don't want Zealots vs Zerglings, I've thought about it many times. Sorry but I like medieval warfare and the warcraft III audience is practically dead, does not respond to new maps. I also haven't seen a Footmen vs Grunt maps in nearly a year being hosted (and no one joins it when I host it). Thus I'd like to get a new version of the map out with more emphasis on unit and tactics, more "Starcraft" like in that sense. Perhaps you haven't observed the changes to siege weapons? Or the fact that peasants/peons can build walls, or that there is a lumber harvesting system, or that you can upgrade your footmen/grunts to mounted footmen/shield berzerking grunts (that use custom models), haven't noticed the beautiful cannon triggers, the perfect timing of the sounds for the cannons via trigger, in fact you haven't noticed anything.

still searching for your point...

God forbid I ask the favor of being allowed to use the units for free, I can't imagine how much time it takes to make these custom models with proper animation, since I have job (don't know about you) I think they deserve every penny. If someone will make them but demands proper pay, they will get it, I'm just asking that they allow me to use them for free since they'll be in the CREDITS as a co-author of the map.
They deserve every penny.. so they can be your co-authors? duh...
And you think being co-author of your map is equivalent to money?

Plus you started off criticizing me for a typo, that alone invalidates you.
He was nice enough to point that out, so that you can edit your first post, you should say thanks for something like that :p

Edward

Reaction score
The map is being released for free, I don't do this for money, I just know there some who will.

You haven't read the contrasts either. There is a reason why the map is a "REMAKE" because it is supposed to have a great deal of similarity to the original. Also that not "what he said", he specifically said I was making heros overpowered, where are in reality, providing lots of creep rewards was the only way to allow heros to KEEP UP with all the vast improvements to units.

Newbie-w3 (the original creator of the map) hasn't released a new version in over two years, I'm assuming its safe to build on his wonderful idea, using a new audience.

If he wanted to address a typo, he could have a sent a private message through this website, he was doing it to embarrass me (and I know you are aware of his actual intent as well).

Yes I consider being a co-author worthy of using the models for free since I also SPEND A LOT OF TIME MAKING THE MAP FOR FREE WHICH HE/SHE WILL ALSO BEING GETTING CREDIT FOR!

As I've been trolled twice for nothing, I am seeking a new forum.

Arkless

Reaction score
You haven't read the contrasts either. There is a reason why the map is a "REMAKE" because it is supposed to have a great deal of similarity to the original.

Newbie-w3 (the original creator of the map) hasn't released a new version in over two years, I'm assuming its safe to build on his wonderful idea, using a new audience.
Well, I really don't want to argue about this, it's a personal matter and really makes no sense.

Also that not "what he said", he specifically said I was making heros overpowered, where are in reality, providing lots of creep rewards was the only way to allow heros to KEEP UP with all the vast improvements to units.
Reading it a few times I notice I might have gotten something wrong :p I assumed that he said you just reballanced everything a bit. But for me it makes not big differences where the ballancing goes, it stays a remake with only slight changes. If I want to play a game, I do that. Not a remake (except there is something new and a LOT of improved suff).

If he wanted to address a typo, he could have a sent a private message through this website, he was doing it to embarrass me (and I know you are aware of his actual intent as well).
I'm not so sure about that, I don't think such a typo is embarassing.
Not the typo itself, rather that it's not being fixed after being pointed out.

Yes I consider being a co-author worthy of using the models for free since I also SPEND A LOT OF TIME MAKING THE MAP FOR FREE WHICH HE/SHE WILL ALSO BEING GETTING CREDIT FOR!
That might be a valid reason, but talking about making money off of those models ... but not from you makes it sound cheap.

As I've been trolled twice for nothing, I am seeking a new forum.
Did I talk about your name n sparkling vampires?

No seriously, we might not have been too nice to you, but to just chicken out after two bad posts will not get you far (is is not ment offensive <.<).

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.