WIP Model Package: Island Set

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
Same with my modern objects and lighting package. I'm surprised that didn't get wider reconizition. But this pack will be friendly with wc3campaigns.
They didn't let the modern objects pack on because it contained copyrighted textures.
Even though I had consent from the devolopers.

And that the realisitic model package (or high-res, whatever it is called) has copyrighted textures from several games without shown permission or credit.
I dwelved into that when they removed my package because of it, and I've since forgotten what games they were.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
thehelper.net isnt the normal stop for models, which is one of the core reasons why its not being reconized.

Personaly i think their great, i would use them if i ever get around to makeing a map that would look natrual with your high res sets.

the other problem, because its in a pack all nice and bundled up, no begginer (yes the majority of the map makers here are begginers) would know where to begin importing, if they import all the files there the size of their map can easaly rack over 4mb which is roughly the max for b.net hosting

so to wrap things up
File Paths for the files for the users (as much as i like the organization, i have no clue where to start)
And to combo with that, the set looks like it was made for single player campaings, which generaly arnt made on this site. Yes there are a few running (althought i myself do not know what they are) but thats a few out of a few hundred or thoudands of people that come to this site for help.
Also, like i said erlyer, people come to this site for help, not to look for models, know your audiance and you will be received well.

But.. your posting this on wc3campaings so it shuld be fine there. its a good palce to start, starting high quality and getting rep from that, itll make the reconition process alot faster and easier.

Dont be a forgotten one like me, you have the materials to get your name known on these sites... well for something more then a hard critqe that it (forgive my spelling its 1am and i cought this out of the corner of my eye so i had to say someting) dont give up, its good work you got here. Truely good work.

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
The total limit for this model pack in w3x is 2mb. I am probably halfway there, concentrating soley on models now (nearly every texture has been used so far and in the map)

A side-pack will also be offered, a limit of 500kb that adds industrial-style enviroments (namely inside of factories).
All in all, it'll end up adding 2.5mb total to the map size, not a lot compared to what you'll be getting.

While not 'high res' it is pretty high resolution for 64x64 and how many models you'll get.
I'll look into making a topic on the hive and wc3campaigns.

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
Project canceled.
While my luck with "Modern Objects and Lighting" has had good luck here, everywhere else it has had horrible luck.

I have been accused of stealing the textures and models by various moderators.
Because I do not own the textures, I can not upload it to wc3campaigns
Because I have to submit every model+texture individually, I can not upload it at hive.

I don't give a crap about being credited - I made this package so others could benefit from it. But when you're pounded in the ass by ignorance and stupidity it becomes a great demotator to making these packages. My future models and textures will only be released here, but this project is dead. I don't feel like wasting dozens of hours and being called a thief.

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
Sadly, this project is dead. I have no motivation to be called a thieve on more than one occasion, and be unable to submit the pack anywhere but this site and my clan site because of stupidity.

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
But in hive, you don't have to post it in the models section.

There's a forum there where you can post it all at once (but it won't be widely recognized yet) until you have enough time to post it as a pack in hive.

You can even get help to post it in hive. That's what I did with my 40 models, I asked someone else to do it for me.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.