Model Portraits

Xebarsis

Reaction score
I used a program called MDX squisher to reduce the size of all the models in my game, but to do that I had to replace the original files. Now every model I have doesn't use any of the portraits I have imported. I have the files, but how do I make a model associate itself with a specific portrait file?

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
Well. If you don't figure out a way to use those specific models as portraits... you can instead...

Open up the squished file, in Magos' War3 Model Editor (google it, if you don't have it). Go to the "Windows" drop down and select "Camera Manager". After this set the camera view (in the main screen) to what you want the portrait to be. Then go back to the "Camera Manager" screen and right click anywhere. Select "create camera with this view" (or something to the effect of that). You can name this something (but you don't have to). Then all you do is import... tah-da! You made your very own portrait (without having to import a custom one).

Xebarsis

Reaction score
Thank you, I will keep that in mind, but I really like the portraits that were included with the original files. Is there a way I can I link an imported model with an imported portrait?

Xebarsis

Reaction score
If anyone knows a way please let me know; I want to keep the same portraits as the other versions of my map to maintain consistency.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.