Mouse Support

wingdnosring

Reaction score
Anybody know how to use Mouse Scrolling as an event? I can't seem to find it. I could have sworn Blizzard said they'd be adding 'mouse support' for third and first person games.

I'm trying to create a series of triggers for people to use for third person shooting. So far I can turn left, right, up and down, and I can shoot. I even added in different weapon cooldowns, damage, types, auto vs semi fire, etc; But using four arrow keys for aim and the left click on the mouse for shooting leaves no easy controls for movement.

So long story short, can I somehow rig my arrow key triggers to work when the mouse moves in a certain direction?

[Edit]: I found the Action "Camera - Turn Camera Mouse Rotation On/Off(1, On)", but it doesn't seem to do anything...

[Edit2]: Figured out how to make the camera move with the mouse. You need the above action^ + "Camera - Lock Camera Mouse Relative Mode On/Off(1, On)"

Unfortunately, this still doesn't help me. I may be able to rotate with the mouse, but I don't know how to detect where it's looking for bullet trajectory, or how to enable the mouse/camera movement while following a unit.

Sensang

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Anybody know how to use Mouse Scrolling as an event? I can't seem to find it. I could have sworn Blizzard said they'd be adding 'mouse support' for third and first person games.

I'm trying to create a series of triggers for people to use for third person shooting. So far I can turn left, right, up and down, and I can shoot. I even added in different weapon cooldowns, damage, types, auto vs semi fire, etc; But using four arrow keys for aim and the left click on the mouse for shooting leaves no easy controls for movement.

So long story short, can I somehow rig my arrow key triggers to work when the mouse moves in a certain direction?

[Edit]: I found the Action "Camera - Turn Camera Mouse Rotation On/Off(1, On)", but it doesn't seem to do anything...

[Edit2]: Figured out how to make the camera move with the mouse. You need the above action^ + "Camera - Lock Camera Mouse Relative Mode On/Off(1, On)"

Unfortunately, this still doesn't help me. I may be able to rotate with the mouse, but I don't know how to detect where it's looking for bullet trajectory, or how to enable the mouse/camera movement while following a unit.

camera yaw of player.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.