Move Instantly trigger causing spell to not function correctly

Ashcat

Hellooo
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm trying to create a spell similar to WoW's Shadowstep (or DotA's Blink Strike, whichever you're more familiar with). The spell is supposed to instantly warp the casting hero behind the target, then cause damage with a suprise attack. I have based the spell off chain lightning, and taken away about everything except the damage, tooltips, mana, ect.

My problem is that when I cast the spell, the hero is warped behind the target, and the mana cost is taken from the hero's mana pool, however, no cooldown timer appears over the spell, the art effects on the caster and the target do not show up, and the damage is not dealt. Here is the trigger.

Code:
Warp Strike
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Warp Strike 
    Actions
        Set General_Point = ((Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) offset by 100.00 towards ((Facing of (Target unit of ability being cast)) + 180.00) degrees)
        Unit - Move (Casting unit) instantly to General_Point, facing (Facing of (Target unit of ability being cast)) degrees
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_General_Point)

I have done a lot to try and solve this problem but it continues to persist, if anyone could help I'd be very appreciative and +rep.

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
The no cooldown issue occurs when instantly moving the caster when it starts the effect of an ability. same goes with the art effects. Adding a minor wait before moving will solve this.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.