MUI - Gui vs JAss

Toriad

Reaction score
Is it possible to do MUI triggers/abilities with GUI? IT seems impossible cause it sounds like you need Local variables (Jass Only to my knowledge) to do them correctly. Is this true?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> IT seems impossible

Untrue.

Why not? It depends on what kind of abilities you're doing. Of course there are limitations in GUI. But by using JASS, it doesn't mean you'll sure to make something MUI.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
It's possible to make most things MUI in GUI - I made this tutorial to show people how to do it (even though it's a pretty long and tedious process)

In general, JASS is -MUCH- easier to make things MUI (since you have access to locals, structs if you have NewGen WE, and various other fancy things)

And locals are limited to a single function (unless you use structs and such, whereby you can 'transfer' a local struct instance from to a timer callback function for example) which means that, by themselves, are limited for making more complex spells (e.g. a knockback, since you will need a periodic trigger/timer to get the precise timing required for a smooth knockback).

If you are making a relatively simple spell (with a single function and waits), locals should be capable, by themselves, to make it MUI, but local usage doesn't automatically mean that your spell is MUI.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.