Multi-Map RPG.

ROBBYDOBBY

Reaction score
:D Hey
I've got a crazy idea for an rpg, but different from normal rpg's it consists of a lot of maps. How you get your character from one map to another?-Save and -Load codes, of course!
So you can go to save portals(at certain parts of the map) to get your save code.
Some Parts from WoW will be re-made, such as instances as Molten Core, Naxxramas, Black Fathom Deeps, Zul farrak, Zul gurrub and much much more.
Also Wow places will be re-made, for instance the first level is in The Zoram Strand,Ashenvale
A run through of the first level:
A ship from Stormwind crashes at the rocky outcrops of The Zoram Strand
as you manage to take dearest supplies to produce tents and resources many survivers want to hear of lost items and people.
Then after you complete those quests you will be rewarded with weapons and money to expand your characters stats.
So you've really got the jist of what i need to do, so of course i need a bit of help^^.
Jobs:
Terrainer: A HUGE job, you won't have to do everything so...Lucky you!
Triggerer:Another HUGE job, ill do basic notes on whats needed.
Modeler:Maybe a huge job, maybe little, or maybe nothing.Best a good modeler/skinner.
Item creation:a lot of items in this game.Good balancing please!
Tester:happy job, be the first to play each map!
Stats/Character creation:Balance the characters, make a hero and class selection,make the stats very balanced!

What am i doing at the moment?
project:
Dalaran= 5% Triggers=0% Units= 8%
Orgrimmar=3% triggers= 10% Units= 4%

Also:classes from Wc3, Final Fantasy and Wow, to make and adventerous game. :)

Anyone?
Thanks,
RobbyDobby

D

ddark1990

I can mabey help with some custom units and the terain and know how to make triggers yet.so if u want my help just whisper me DDark1990!!!

D

ddark1990

forgot to say that I dont know how to make custom skins and if u want u can get me some and Il add the to the characters.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
I think they waugriff(bnet game) did that with cot and cot 2 plains of media or something.
Edit 1:So it must be possible

Edit 2: Great idea :)

M

mxocosa

Im willing to do some terraining u can check the Elder Scrolls Oblivion Wars Project to see what I have done so far (only got a overview picture atm but I can send u some more) im not that experienced but im able to to a decent job I think =) Im kinda busy with my own project as mentioned earlier but I like doing terrain so it would be nice to have something to do when I get tired of working on triggers.

M

mxocosa

well what kind of places do u want to have done first? personaly I would love to make a huge city and the area around it but I can do anything. also Im a bit confused about the map description do u want places from the warcraft lore and if so when is this happening? After RoC After TFT Before RoC or?

EDIT: also what pathing size will you use for heros?

ROBBYDOBBY

Reaction score
mxocosa said:
well what kind of places do u want to have done first? personaly I would love to make a huge city and the area around it but I can do anything. also Im a bit confused about the map description do u want places from the warcraft lore and if so when is this happening? After RoC After TFT Before RoC or?

EDIT: also what pathing size will you use for heros?
proballay after TFT and RoC and a huge city would be great,stormwind,orgrimmar or ironforge?you decide

i'm gonna start a bit on Orgrimmar:)

M

mxocosa

one last question do you want me to make it as close to WoW as possible or can I add my own twist to things?

N

Necrogasm

map zoning

hey that is a wonderful idea i had been trying to come up with something very similar. if anyone knows how to create portals that allow you to travel from one map to another and then back again please let me know

S

swiss_switch

ill help

yea i can help u if u want with ur multi map thing. im good with triggers but got no idea about the save load thing. i would just save it to game cache and load it but anyway yea ill help i can make units triggers terrrain etc. but not so good as save points. i cant make skins though... but i will help u. i can think lateraly and have just about finished my 1st map.. i can make an entire map from scratch u just tell me wat to do and ill follow ur direcytions. i will add anything that might build upon ur idea. message me plz

H

hey its X

if you plan to make this multi-player you, sir, are a nut. using single player, game caches are utilized, not save/load codes! :eek: and remember, game caches include many of the things save/load codes do. saves and restores items, gold, units (heroes).

Edit: its a good idea though, and please recreate IF! i lub it :D

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
Not true, all you would have to do is make the save/load cryptionizaer the same on each map.

H

hey its X

Lobster said:
Not true, all you would have to do is make the save/load cryptionizaer the same on each map.

yes, but every time you enter a new map would you want to type 12ERD-GFR43-2222-3453-89UH-234765-8820????

S

swiss_switch

called -save xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx then copy paste .... if u play rpgs and u have codes 4 that u use copy paste.... and it could bew made into a campaign in which case it could be used in game cache

Anything.

Reaction score
Erm... How do you plan to make new versions? You'd have to update every single map to make sure that there is common shared data...

I was thinking of making one of these for a while, but it was very un-enjoyable, thinking about the stress from editing this and editing that, and then this again, and then that . _ .

Or is this a single player campaign?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.