My AQ's.

Affliction

Reaction score
They're not asked frequently, 'cause I hope I only have to ask them once and get an answer.

I'm a novice map maker, taking on a heavy project
(Think- Dark Deeds and Werewolf- Transylvania together), without much clue how to go about it. But I intend to finish it.

I've gotten the terrain, for the most part, complete. I'm now trying to work out all of the triggers, and it'll then be set for bug tests and measurement of fun..ness.

My first question, is:
Is there a way to change just a single body of water's color?

Rest of the water in the map be green, while one pond is red... or blue?

And the next that comes to mind,
How would I go about making everything anonymous? I want units to not only not show up on the minimap (I know how to do that), but to also not show teamcolor. Have everything be, as default, brown.

I'd like people's own colors to change to brown, all of their units to be brown.

In fact, I want no way to tell the difference of one player to the next at all.

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
First question, just make a region over it and edit the region properties to make it a colored fog. As far as I know, you cannot change the water color on a specific region. This game was made in 2000 you know ;)

As for the anonymous, you'll probably either have to edit the colors of the player's dots (Or the player colors themselves) and do it like that, or just force one of the features to be enabled..

Both of the things you are saying are either difficult or impossible..

Affliction

Reaction score
Well, damn.

Okay, how about..

How do I make a custom building, a hero store with no limit to how often players buy that hero?

No one player can have multiple, but, two players can select the same hero without a waiting period.

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
under Techtree - Units Sold

Just remove the prices of the heroes.

Change the Stats - Stock thing to whatever for each hero

And presto!

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
You can change units' color to brown with triggers. You can make a periodic trigger which changes the color mode for all players to prevent players from toggling to team color settings to see enemy and allied players.

The minimap portion is a tad more complex but not impossible by any means. You simply have to create a "fake" dot for everything you want to appear as brown. By that I mean disabling the minimap display for all units and then create a secondary, "locust" unit for the brown player with minimap display.

Affliction

Reaction score
under Techtree - Units Sold

Just remove the prices of the heroes.

Change the Stats - Stock thing to whatever for each hero

And presto!

Fantastic!

THat part is taken care of, but, on to the next part of it.

I want a basic unit, say, a plain peasant to go up to a "Uniform Loadout" shop and then buy a hero.

Since there will be no price, how could I get them to only buy one hero with no option at all to keep buying in bulk?

I was thinking, to give the peasant a "Uniform Voucher" in their inventory, that can not be dropped. And when they purchase a hero, the unit is removed from game. Thus removing the token, as well.

But, how would I design the trigger to only let people buy heros from -that- store when they have the token, and to not let them from -that- store when they don't?

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
Unless you changed the tier requirements on each hero, you can only buy 1. It will say you need a keep or something if you want to buy another.

Affliction

Reaction score
I'm going to want to give them the option of buying another hero later.

The first hero they get, from the loadout, will be their main one.

Anything afterward, would be support. But I wouldn't want them going back to the first tent and getting another main one.

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
Support.. Hmm.. Support heroes you would probably have to remove the tier requirement and just move the dummy peasant over to another tavern.

Sounds like you're having quite an advanced map on your hands :p

You would need a cost for them (Preferably lumber).

I don't know of any real easy way that takes less than 10 minutes really.

Affliction

Reaction score
Hehe, no, I'm just inept and making it all over complicated.

It's a hide and seek sort of map (Dark Deeds, Werewolf, et cetera.).

You get one man, a villager (Or in this case, an explorer) who has to run into the world and build a base, aquire resources, etcetera. This one unit is pretty underpowered by itself, but, I want it classified as a hero so you have quick access to it because it's on the left side of your screen as a hero.

Later in the game, I want the person able to get an actual hero that does noteworthy damage, has worthwhile spells, all that jazz.

But not to be able to go back to the starting point and just pick another starting "hero" and cheat.

I realize I could remove the building after a set period of time, but, I'd prefer not to do that.

I was also thinking,

Have the one Explorer unit have abilities to select what he wishes to be.

Have, say, three buttons.

Footman, Rifleman, and Knight.

I've got a trigger, I think, that ... when a unit begins casting an ability <Footman>, replace the Explorer with Footman.

And the same for Rifleman, and Knight.

How would I design this trigger to work with all players, instead of having to copy and paste the trigger eleven times for each player?

azareus

And you know it.
Reaction score
My first question, is:
Is there a way to change just a single body of water's color?

Rest of the water in the map be green, while one pond is red... or blue?

Use the "Water plane" import from The Ultimate Terraining Map

And the next that comes to mind,
How would I go about making everything anonymous? I want units to not only not show up on the minimap (I know how to do that), but to also not show teamcolor. Have everything be, as default, brown.

I'd like people's own colors to change to brown, all of their units to be brown.

In fact, I want no way to tell the difference of one player to the next at all.

Hide every unit/building in the game from the minimap, and set the units teamcolors to Brown, instead of "Match Owning Player"

You get one man, a villager (Or in this case, an explorer) who has to run into the world and build a base, aquire resources, etcetera. This one unit is pretty underpowered by itself, but, I want it classified as a hero so you have quick access to it because it's on the left side of your screen as a hero.

Create a new unit, based on a hero.
Change its abilities to none.
Change "Techtree - Buildings constructed:" to the buildings it should be able to make.

Later in the game, I want the person able to get an actual hero that does noteworthy damage, has worthwhile spells, all that jazz.

But not to be able to go back to the starting point and just pick another starting "hero" and cheat.

I realize I could remove the building after a set period of time, but, I'd prefer not to do that.

Have the heroes cost 1 lumber/food depending on what you use for your map.

I was also thinking,

Have the one Explorer unit have abilities to select what he wishes to be.

Have, say, three buttons.

Footman, Rifleman, and Knight.

I've got a trigger, I think, that ... when a unit begins casting an ability <Footman>, replace the Explorer with Footman.

And the same for Rifleman, and Knight.

How would I design this trigger to work with all players, instead of having to copy and paste the trigger eleven times for each player?

Trigger:
  • Replacement
    • Events
      • Unit - A Unit starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If
        • (Ability being cast) Equal to(Change to Footman)
      • Then
        • Unit - Replace (triggering unit) with (Footman)
      • Else
        • If
        • (Ability being cast) Equal to(Change to Rifleman)
      • Then
        • Unit - Replace (triggering unit) with (Rifleman)
      • Else
        • If
        • (Ability being cast) Equal to(Change to Knight)
      • Then
        • Unit - Replace (triggering unit) with (Knight)

sLsIDK

Reaction score
There's a way to get 100% anonymous players (except for enemies), but I'm not sure how. (Think of Parasite Resurrection if you've ever played that)

As for the changing of class, make it when it casts a spell, with conditions spell equal to Footman, Rifleman OR Knight, then give it a custom spell based of chaos*. Then, if they casted Rifleman, set the level of your chaos skill to 2, and if they casted Knight, set it to 3.

*This skill is what changes the orcs to the red orcs in the campaign. Basically what it does it morphs the unit into a completely new unit, but retaining everything (Except for skills), including experience, health, mana (in percentages), and items. Make the chaos level one skill Knight, level two Rifleman, and level three knight.

Affliction

Reaction score
How do I change what a player's starting units are?

So I do not have to pre-place units for players that might not be there, just have them created when the map starts.

I just want one unit spawned, instead of a base and some peasants.

( I've already deleted the trigger that gives them those units, but, now I don't know how to spawn the one unit I want them to have, if the player is playing. )

KingTobiazZz

Reaction score
How do I change what a player's starting units are?

So I do not have to pre-place units for players that might not be there, just have them created when the map starts.

I just want one unit spawned, instead of a base and some peasants.

( I've already deleted the trigger that gives them those units, but, now I don't know how to spawn the one unit I want them to have, if the player is playing. )

I think this will do the trick:

Starting Units
Events
Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
Conditions
Actions
Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
((Picked player) controller) Equal to User
Then - Actions
Unit - Create 1 Peon for (Picked player) at ((Picked player) start location) facing Default building facing degrees
Else - Actions

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Anon
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Do Multiple ActionsFor each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Change color of (Player((Integer A))) to (Color of Player 12 (Brown)), Changing color of existing units
          • Player - Set name of (Player((Integer A))) to TheSameName

Affliction

Reaction score
I really appreciate this, guys.

I'm the sort that wants things a certain way, and focuses on a part until it's perfect. I'd never get this done, without your help. =3

So, uh. How would I make a hero's attack and armor, be researchable? Let them spend money to upgrade hero damage, like one does with units.

Trigger:
  • Leaves Game
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 6 (Orange) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 7 (Green) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 8 (Pink) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 9 (Gray) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 10 (Light Blue) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 11 (Dark Green) leaves the game
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Remove (Triggering player) from AllPlayers
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Just because he has...
      • Trigger - Turn on First night &lt;gen&gt;

How could I tidy that up, and put all of those Player actions into just one.

While it's not really necessary for this one trigger, there are -several- triggers that should be fired by each player... and it's just unpleasant to make 11 triggers all the same, save for the player color.

Affliction

Reaction score
While players are supposed to be able to create troops, I don't want them to just train them out of the barracks.

I'd like for the players to 'request' units, and they be delivered every, say, five minutes to a certain point, as defined by a specific building they can only have one of.

I was thinking to have any created units they make, be sent to a walled-off spot on the map all their own, then control (and vision) of them removed.

Then, as defined by the interval, they just appear at the defined building.

It feels sloppy to me, though. Any other suggestions?

Also: Found out how to upgrade hero damage. :D

Now, how do I set what time of day it is when the map starts?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.