My first big project

S

Squirralfire

I'm creating my first "Real" map. I've done a lot of different custimization stuff with the editor, but this will be my first real map. The concept is based on the game Dawn of War. Any suggestions, comments, or advice would be appreciated. Also I'm accepting any character ideas to expand the number of heros available to choose from.

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
I'm creating my first "Real" map. I've done a lot of different custimization stuff with the editor, but this will be my first real map. The concept is based on the game Dawn of War. Any suggestions, comments, or advice would be appreciated. Also I'm accepting any character ideas to expand the number of heros available to choose from.

Oh, I'm on this map like Orks on a Squiggoth.

Are you talking about character types, like "Force Commander" and "Librarian", or actual characters, like Inquisitor Toth and Captain Angelos (who are both Force Commanders, but very different people)?

As far as races and units, what are you planning? Humans=Space Marines, Orcs=Orks, that kind of thing? Are Necrons, Tau and Imperial Guard going to be in on this?

How do you want to do the DoW resource system?

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
System can be made easily via triggers

Plz add tyranids as a race, it's a shame they weren't included in dawn of war (problably because tyranids don't build bases and use resources). They are after all, in my opinion, the coolest race in WH40K

johnnyfire

Reaction score
Well i see someone else has the same idea, my system works flawed, except only one squad is selected at a time, and the whole resource thing for new squad members is murder on the AI, but its coming along well. I'll let you use it, an unprotected version should go up at the link Sirroelivan gave in a week or so.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
so in other words, you want a map where there are squads instead of units... i think i know how to get one going (abuseing the skill locost and stuff) after school 3day ill see if i can whipp up something (soemthing that dosent reqire selection)...

johnnyfire

Reaction score
You can do that! Cool! It would be less complicated than mine probably, but would you be able to add the commander units in yours Psiblade9412?

Void

Reaction score
WTF is Dawn of War? (pardon my french... or spanish, can't be racist now.)

johnnyfire

Reaction score
Void... Dawn of War is a very fun future-based RTS game imo... with cool graphics and units... i would suggest that you try it out...

Dark Crusade was the last expansion that came out... but it had winter assault b4 it...Site is here.

btw... french is a nationality not a race so you should be fine

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.