Mystica ORPG Returns!

Knights

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The Old Mystica ORPG Post: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43071

Mystica ORPG
There once was a land,
Laid down into sections.
There would be a war at hand,
The battles being reflections.
Of what was going to occur,
To man and it's kind,
It would be in a blur,
But it would ruin us from behind.
It was ourselves; tribe against tribe,
Tribes would define us;
Tribes would destroy us.
The war would have to end,
But can you put an end to it?

That's the story so far.

The way this game is going to work, is it is devided into sections, each being an island. There are 4 tribes, and you can pick between them, each having their own element.

Qum'Tos - Nature
Plem'az - Fire
Tel'ar - Ice
Umed - Earth

The way it will work, is each tribe has different classes based on the element.

Nature
Druid
Animal Warrior
Savage Beast
Ranger of Nature

Fire
Pyromancer
Fire Warrior
Fire Beast
Fire Archer

Ice
Ice Magician
Ice Warrior
Ice Beast
Frozen Archer

Earth
Geomancer
Warrior of the Earth
Earth Beast
Ranger of Earth

I will think of more classes as time goes on.

The terrain will be islands only, and you will have to get tickets to travel to new islands. This will make the exploring aspect of this ORPG quite interesting.

Exp will be (Level of Monster x 50) - (Level of Hero x 2)

When you pick your class, depending on what tribe it is in, you will be moved to that tribes starting island. Each tribe will be enemies with each other, making a great PvP system. There will be a way to become a rouge, for advanced players, which will be once you die, you die forever, but you can always save/load him again.

Yes, there is a save/load system in this map...I was lazy so imported Effanes sample one, yes he gets credit, it works exellent.

Lunarios is helping with terrain currently, because I am not the greatest at terrain, and there is going to be a lot of it.

There will be a feature for recreational/economical things in the game, such as Fishing or Lumberjacking, so you can gather wood, fish, and other things.

There will be a way to combine these things into houses, fishing houses, benches, etc, each thing having a unique ability. Fishing house for example would allow you to buy fishing rods, and a House would heal you slowly while inside it, benches would heal mana, etc.

There will be a private island system, so players can buy private island and build houses, and whatnot there.

The map will be blocked, as you would have no map in real life, but I will try to add features to help so you don't get lost.

Here are some screenshots:

Nature Tribe Starting Place
morpg1co4.jpg

Coral Island(Level 15 up island)
morpg2ix8.jpg

Fire Tribe Starting Place
morpg3sx5.jpg

Ice Tribe Starting Place
morpg4yr6.jpg

Earth Tribe Starting Place
morpg5kt4.jpg

What I need, is ideas for abilities, and whatnot.

Remember, I am always willing to import models for the abilities, so go wild.

Also, ideas for items and classes would be nice,
Thanks,
Knights :cool:

New features since then:

Terrain finished
Each element, nature, fire ice, and earth, has 3 classes, mage, warrior, and ranger. Each class has 3-4 subclasses,
for example a mage can be:
Support
Offence
Decease
Summoning

Based on the element you choose to start as your spells could vary, for example an earth mage of support could have a spell called Earth's Blessing, to heal a target ally.

EDITS:
There are 4 cities, one for each element, and each has a banking system which links to all the other ones, so you can teleport to other elements starting city. Each city has a Church, a Mansion, a Potion Shop, a Hotel, a Bank Portal, and a whole bunch of shops and quest givers.

Most NPCs are invulnerable, but eventually that may be changed for the PvP aspect of the game.

There's a party system where you type -party # to party that player, exp is then shared and so is vision and alliance.

All members of your tribe (element) are allied to you, but you do not have their vision.

Teamwork is essential, as the monsters are fairly hard, for example, you can have a Defencive Earth Lancemaster for a tank, and a Support Geomancer for a healer, and maybe an offencive ranger or mage as a damage dealer, and that would create great exp for you and your party.

Save/load..

Very fun!! :)

If you have any questions or suggestions please post below.

I hope to release a good edition of the game within 2 weeks.

Professions are soon on their way, such as tailoring, leatherworking, cooking, mining, etc.

Thanks
+
More things to come,
Knights:cool:

EDIT: I figured I'd leave the original stuff there, but I'm basically recreating the entire map. I've decided it is not good enough.
So, instead of al the previous ideas, new ones will come. I'm going to redesign most of the terrain, create new heroes and spells, and make it so there is only one tavern, and one start location, instead of 4.

I'm thinking there will be thirteen heroes to start with, each with 11 spells. There is going to be two bosses as well, one will have a dunegon fbefore it, the other will simply be a boss fight. There will be 2 professions, Tailoring, + Blacksmithing. You can only have one per character. Blacksmithing will be making mail armor and swords, tailoring will be making cloth armor and staves.

I've already created 3 heroes, 1 boss + dungeon, reterrained 1/12 islands, and so far the progress is quite good.

Thanks,

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
The terrain and such is nice, though a bit more details about the actual gameplay can be given.

Knights

Reaction score
I edited my first post with some more details.

Thanks for the comments, and please make some suggestions on spells or items, etc,

Knights

Reaction score
Come on people, laziness goes nowhere. I do understand though, I'm a very sleepy man myself :)

Ideas are much wanted, as well as support,

Estel3

Reaction score
Wow @ terrain. Some awesome stuff.

This looks very promising, what are you looking for help on exactly? Cause I could try to help with some things but you need to tell me like "Fire Archer needs and Ult" or something like that so I can help.

Knights

Reaction score
Thanks about the terrain.. and some of that is unfinished too :), I may add some more screens soon.

Okay so, heres things I need:

Earth, Ice, Fire, and Nature Ranger spells for:
Offence
Defence
Decease

(Decease is like damage over time to enemies)

There are 7 spells on each character, 2 level 1 spells, 2 level 5 spells, 1 level 10 spell, 1 level 20 spell, and 1 level 40 spell.

Also I need ideas for Ice Fire and Nature mage, all subclasses, as well as warrior all subclasses, the same elements, ice fire and nature.

So far I've nearly completed the 3 class and all of their subclasses for earth, and will soon by working on the other 3 elements, so ideas for Ice Fire and Nature are most wanted :)

Thanks,

Knights

Reaction score
UPDATES:

Just tested with myself, and found the game working VERY well. I found it fun, and not boring.

:).

I also beleive some bosses will help a ton, so that people can get some better items other that what you can buy from a store. So like items which ONLY drop.

When all the heroes are finished I shall release it, along with a single boss, for a skilled party of level 50 heroes, and it will be ,v.01, Mystica ORPG :).

There will be 5 x 3 x 4 = 60 heroes, lets just say a lot.. :) Already completed 15 of them too! :)

Keep up the support and ideas,

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
I like how you're bringing back an RPG I've never heard of :cool:

Anyways, looks neat.
I'd definately play on BNet.

Knights

Reaction score
Okay so I uploaded a Mystica ORPG v.005 on the first post.

If somone would be kind enough to PM me and host it for me on BNet, as I'm having hosting problems, that would be great.

I called it .005 because .01 was going to be the first "finished" version, and I'm halfway to that point, so .005 seemed quite perfect :)

Thanks,

Knights

Reaction score
Got PM :) I added you..hopefully we will be on at the same time soon.. :)

UPDATES:

35 heroes finished and working fully.

12 Quests properly completed and working.

Future:

60 heroes finished and fully working.

20 Quests properly completed and working.

1 Boss created..nearly impossible to kill.

And more items which you can only get from high level creeps.

Please, ideas are really needed for future versions, as this first release may be fairly plain. Heres something to push you guys for ideas:
PvP
Arenas
Duels
Items
Bosses
AND MORE

Come on guys I know you can give great ideas,

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Since you weren't on at the time, I started alone and I found one HUGE problem:
On the fire island, as level 1, it's pretty much impossible (well very possible just takes SO LONG) to kill those damn imps!
Also there are some hero description problems, like the Fire... Guy just says Mountain King o_O

Knights

Reaction score
Hehe yah..the fire guy says that..I fixed it already

Also the imps are fine..the game is meant for parties so thats why they are hard. If you had several players playing on your tribe it would be much easier to kill them.

Thanks for the bugs, and keep them up,

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
You should have a difficulty thing, where the more players there's a % increase in HP and damage on creeps.
But the biggest problem is online no one really seems to party, they all like to venture on their own, and gold sharing is unbalanced.

Knights

Reaction score
You should have a difficulty thing, where the more players there's a % increase in HP and damage on creeps.

Smart. I will think about this before v.01

elmstfreddie said:
But the biggest problem is online no one really seems to party, they all like to venture on their own, and gold sharing is unbalanced.

I know people "tend" to venture on their own, but if you created the game with friends it would be better. Also at higher levels it is nearly impossible unless you have a party and kill some high level bosses.

What do you mean by gold sharing is unbalanced??

werasd

Reaction score
I hope my ideas can be very appreciated by you...

Abilities:

-Nature Disguise: Nature heroes have the ability to hide itself as soon as it remains near something (A tree, a lake and whatever). If that unit casts an ability or get far from the object it comes back visible.

-Hard Freeze: Ice heroes have the ability to be froze and get untouchable. If someone gets closer while the hero is casting the ability, it is froze to

I give you more ideas soon.

Knights

Reaction score
Bump.

Excellent ideas werasd.

I will definately consider using them in future versions, but not for the current ones, as they would require triggering and I am not going to trigger too many spells this version.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.