Need a tutor,alota ideas ;)

Yanix

Reaction score
Hi, I have been playing wc3 for a long while now and Ive always been impressed by how a map such as Footman is made and so on and Ive always wanted to make my own maps but I dont know the language for wc3 editor, I am a master at VB, c++ and a few more languages, I need a tutor and I learn fast:thup:

I would really like it if someone would like to tutor me ;) my msn is [email protected]

xenaris

Reaction score
why don't you learn it on your own? there are alot of guides out there, since your a master at c++ and VB it shouldn't give any problem

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
i will help you along. Im sending you a email, i used to be in ur situation but i wasn't a maste at C++ and i don't belive you are. If your a master at C++ just make your own WE or somthing...

Yanix

Reaction score
I am not a complete master, I know how to make my own basic games and things with c++, and in VB, I am a master :p also my friend said this forum was a very good forum so Im impressed how fast people answer here :D

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There are 2 ways you can start to learn how to use the World Editor.

1. Go straight into JASS. If you know C++ then that should give you a bit of a bonus in learning it. Or...

2. Learn GUI. Graphical User Interface is the way that most people start off learning how to do triggers in the WE.

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
"2. Learn GUI. Graphical User Interface is the way that most people start off learning how to do triggers in the WE. "

Start off? no no...GUI is more then enoufe for just about everything. Can be more painful if your game involes alot of logic. but other wise you can learn just the little bit of jass to make your games run good. (Not to say jass isnt more flexible ect.)

Its like Visual basic and c++. you can do a lot of the code in visual basic where its easy. then for the stuff you need to run fast, you throw in some c++ code.
But in my mind its good to do more of the easy one, and only jass (in general harder) when you need the felxabilty or your using enough code that GUI makes your hand go numb.

As For how flexible is GUI? Tetris, Battle trains, that you can drive and many games that i didn't make show it can be very powerful.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
As regards whether you should start off with GUI or JASS, you should take a read through this which does explain alot of common misconceptions with regard to GUI vs JASS, and some of the advantages that JASS has over GUI

GUI is, by comparison, far more limited than JASS - many of the things you see in various maps would be either (a) not possible to code properly in GUI or (b) would just be an absolute nightmare to code in GUI (some of those things would be do-able, but it's just not a very good option :p)

only jass (in general harder)
JASS isn't really hard at all - if you take the time to understand everything (and alot of it is fairly simple concepts), it's very easy. A few weeks (and that'd be at the maximum) with a reasonable amount of effort can do alot - I spent about an hour or two a day during my Easter holidays and I was able to produce something significant at the end of the 2 weeks :p

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
if you learned C++ before you can go stright to jass im sure you will find it easy to learn.

also as much as i heard it's not so hard to be a master in VB...

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
>>also as much as i heard it's not so hard to be a master in VB...
True to some degree.

>>I would really like it if someone would like to tutor me
There's a reason we have forums... but it doesn't hurt to ask, true...

You can start wherever you want, as in, do you want to write the code by hand or click yourself through windows?

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
lol, if you're having trouble, start with units. :D It shouldn't take long until you get from one part to another.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.