Need a Weapon /Ammo System

JeveKnight

Reaction score
The way my map is set up, is every time you grab a weapon it physically shows up on your char as an attachment. You can only hold one firearm at a time. I want to make it so that ammunition count can be seen in a leaderboard or lumber type thing. I want to make it so that each weapon has an amount of ammo assigned to it as the last user. For instance, someone picks up an M14 and it has 0 rounds loaded, you buy primary ammo and it goes to 30, you shoot 10 rounds and get killed. Someone walks up and finds your M14, but it has 20 rounds in it. I was thinking of having Lumber be PRIMARY, and Food be SECONDARY.

This part is really essential to my map, can anyone help me make something maybe even CLOSE to this system? I really need a weapon/ammo system :(

Thanks a lot guys :D

+Rep to anyone with a good weapon system

PS: I know how to make the weapon attachment (Make it show up on the char) I just need help on the rest of it.

Evoroth

Reaction score
Why not use the item's custom value for counting ammo? Each time a unit attacks, remove 1 from its weapon's custom value, and check if it's zero, and if so, somehow disable it. In this way the ammo is simply stored in the item and you could also show it in a multiboard, or in the food value.

However, could you explain that secondary- primary-ammo thing a little more in detail?

bnw2000

Reaction score
Why dont u use item charges as the ammo count...its much more easier....only need to work with reloading system. 1 lumber=30 ammo??? and if the gun changes reset to 0 and sell the bullets for 80% gold or sumthing like that

JeveKnight

Reaction score
Why not use the item's custom value for counting ammo? Each time a unit attacks, remove 1 from its weapon's custom value, and check if it's zero, and if so, somehow disable it. In this way the ammo is simply stored in the item and you could also show it in a multiboard, or in the food value.

However, could you explain that secondary- primary-ammo thing a little more in detail?

actually, i decided to make it somewhat more simple.
you will have ammo based on your lumber, lumber ammo is versatile and can use all calibers so the primary secondary thing isnt necessary.
i need to be more specific about my weapon system, so my system goes like this:
you can only carry two weapons, one primary and one secondary.
each primary weapon gives your hero an ability where the attack ability should be, and the secondary weapon is just 1 button position under where the primary is. this could work, or if you can somehow make each weapon a spellbook that doesnt close after every shot.
each time you use a weapon ability the lumber goes to 0, when you have 0 lumber you cannot fire anymore, you must reload. i want each weapon to be able to autocast, and you can turn auto off and semi auto the weapon if you want for aim because weapons have no homing enable so you can miss.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.