Need Druid spell/ability ideas!

CraZyFroG

Reaction score
The hero I am making is a Druid that comes with 3 basic abilities and 1 ultimate.

I am expecting the hero to be a hybrid, with both offensive (dmg), defensive (healing) and feral (transforming into an animal, prefer Bears)

So what I need is creative and serious Druid hero spells/abilities ideas.

You're welcome to suggest one ability or just an entire hero skill set (containing 4 skills). And also, I would appreciate a few passive abilities and see how they fit to the Hero.

Thanks for your time :)

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
Cyclone
Sends cyclones in front of the druid that damage, knock back and stun enemies. Cannot cast this while Shape Shifted.

Level 1: Each cyclone deals 100 damage. Stuns for 2 seconds.
Level 2: Each cyclone deals 150 damage. Stuns for 2.5 seconds.
Level 3: Each cyclone deals 200 damage. Stuns for 3 seconds.

Nature health - channeling
Starts losing mana rapidly healing allies at target AOE location relatively to mana lost. Location AOE depends on hero's intelligence. Cannot cast this while Shape Shifted.

Level 1: For each 1 mana heals 1 hp. Loses 20mp/sec. 200.00 + (intelligence x 3) AOE.
Level 2: For each 1 mana heals 2 hp. Loses 30mp/sec. 200.00 + (intelligence x 4) AOE.
Level 3: For each 1 mana heals 3 hp. Loses 40mp/sec. 200.00 + (intelligence x 5) AOE.

Shape shift
Transforms into powerful wild beast for 25 seconds.

Level 1: Transforms into Wolf, gaining +33% bonus damage, 50% bonus attack speed, 15% movement speed and 20% critical strike (2x multiplier).
Level 2: Transforms into Grizzly, gaining +50% damage, 250 hp, 5 armor, bash and 10% critical strike (3x multiplier).
Level 3: Transforms into raging Grizzly, gaining +100% damage, 35% attack speed, 10% movement speed, 500 hp, 10 armor, knocking bash, 15% critical strike (3.5x multiplier) and Frenzy (when activated gains bonus attack and movement speed for 15 seconds, but takes more damage).

Lycanthrope - passive
Passively increases shape shift's duration and reduces mana cost. Also, automatically transforms into current level of Shape Shift beast during full moon (somewhere between 11.00 pm till 3.00 am in Warcraft time) gaining Rage Feast ability - for each % of missing hp increases attack speed by 2% and gives 0.5% Life Steal. Can also cast Armageddon (read ultimate description).
It can be turned off to prevent auto shape shift, but you wont be able to shape shift again during full moon. Cannot turn off while already shifted.

Level 1: Increases duration by 5 seconds and decreases mana cost by 33%.
Level 2: Increases duration by 8 seconds and decreases mana cost by 66%.
Level 3: Increases duration by 11 seconds and decreases mana cost by 100%.

Armageddon - ultimate, got inspired by D2 :p
Creates nature's apocalypse, calling meteor showers from the skies that blast everything on the ground around the druid. Duration 15 seconds. Cannot cast this while Shape Shifted.

Level 1: Each meteor deals 100 AOE damage.
Level 2: Each meteor deals 150 AOE damage.
Level 3: Each meteor deals 200 AOE damage.

Marcel

Reaction score
Ability

Nature's Grasp
Druid tangle's target to roots witch do Slow target greatly and Drain Power from him. Last's 4 Seconds. When masted this spell is enabled to create even link beetween druid and Earth.
Rank 1: Slows by 60%. Target will lose 1% Of his maxium Mana and Health every second.
Rank 2: Slows by 75% Target will lose 2% Of Maxium Mana and 4% Of his maxium health every second.
Rank 3: Slows by 90% Target will lose 3% Of maxium Maa and 3% Of his maxium health every second. Transfered mana and health will be added to druid.

Hope it helps :)

DarkSonicele

Reaction score
I don't know how many levels you want on each spell so I am going with 4,4,4,3. Anyways, here are my suggestions:

Natural Order (Active):

Summon roots to break through the ground and strip an enemy of equipment.
Can be used while in feral form.
Lasts 15 seconds.

Level 1 - Lowers target's damage by 10% and armor by 2.
Level 2 - Lowers target's damage by 17% and armor by 3.
Level 3 - Lowers target's damage by 24% and armor by 4.
Level 4 - Lowers target's damage by 31% and armor by 5.

20 seconds cooldown.

Cycle of Life (Passive):

Fills the druid with the nature's spirit, rejuvenating him each time he kills an enemy. (Couldn't really find a good description for this one)

Level 1 - Heals the druid for 4% health each time he kills an enemy.
Level 2 - Heals the druid for 5% health each time he kills an enemy.
Level 3 - Heals the druid for 6% health each time he kills an enemy.
Level 4 - Heals the druid for 7% health each time he kills an enemy.

Feral Form (Active, Morph):

The druid morphs into a bear increasing his physical strength.

Level 1 - Gains 15 damage, 250 health, and a 55% chance to block 25 damage.
Level 2 - Gains 25 damage, 400 health, and a 55% chance to block 30 damage.
Level 3 - Gains 35 damage, 550 health, and a 55% chance to block 35 damage. Is also granted a 18% chance to bash on attack stunning for 2 seconds.
Level 4 - Gains 45 damage, 700 health, and a 55% chance to block 40 damage. Is also granted a 18% chance to bash on attack stunning for 2 seconds. Can taunt focusing all enemies on the druid for 5 seconds.

Force of Nature (Active, Ultimate):

The druid marks the ground below with a magical seal. While the seal holds all friendly units in the area have increased health regeneration and damage, while enemies will lose health and be slowed.
Lasts 10 seconds.

Level 1 - All friendly units gain 10% health regeneration and 25% increased base damage. Enemies lose 45 health per second and is slowed by 25%.
Level 2 - All friendly units gain 15% health regeneration and 45% increased base damage. Enemies lose 60 health per second and is slowed by 35%.
Level 3 - All friendly units gain 20% health regeneration and 65% increased base damage. Enemies lose 75 health per second and is slowed by 45%.

90 seconds cooldown.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Vine Trap

This is one of my old spell ideas. Works well for some tree hugger Druid guy.

First Druid places a Vine Trap. ( Use image for trap, a good texture for image would be: ReplaceableTextures\Splats\A_AncientUberSplat.blp )

Then if some enemy unit steps in to the trap, it goess off and entangles all enemies in X AoE.

Simple, ey?

The idea is that trap is not invisible. It is fully visible for caster and his allies, but only partly visible to enemies. You need to change images alpha over time. The closer the enemy hero is the trap, the more alpha it has ( Something like: Range 500 = alpha 0 , Range 400 = alpha 50 , Range 300 = alpha 100, Range 200 = alpha 150 etc.)

So, if enemies move carefully they can avoid these traps. If they just run here and there without watching their steps they get trapped.

What ya think?

edit. Idea #2

Aspect of the Wolf ( luls )

This is for some animal feral Druid guy.

When Druid casts a spell, a big transparent spiritual wolf appears around him. ( Druid is inside that big bad ass transparent Wolf ) Wolf protects druid. Whenever Druid is about to take any damage, Wolf takes it instead of him. Wolf also does some really sick damage and adds move and attack speed to Druid.

The idea is that Wolf has no timed life, and it protects Druid untill it dies. ( So its like a Shield + huge damage and attack&move speed boost. )

The hard part is that you need to make Wolf always play the same animation as Druid does. Otherwise it wont look cool. ( And yea, you must also constantly move Wolf to Druids position, and keep him facing to same direction as Druid )

Heizo

Reaction score
Healing Wave: Heals the target and all allies within 300 range by 1.5x the Druid's Intelligence.
Extra: It is intended as a dungeon/close quarters spell.

Cry of the Wolf: Increases the damage, attack speed, and movement speed of all heroes near the Druid.

Level 1: Damage: 15%, AS: 5%, MS: 10%
Level 2: Damage: 25%, AS: 10%, MS: 20%
Level 3: Damage: 35%, AS: 15%, MS: 30%
Final, Level 4: Damage: 50%, AS: 25%, MS: 50%

Aspect of the Wild: The Druid takes on one of Nature's Aspects.

Level 1: Wolf: Damage: 10%, AS: 20%, MS: 25%
Level 2: Bear: Damage: 25%, AS: 10%, MS: 5%, and the ability Maul (1.5x Crit.)
Level 3: Elder Bear: Damage: 40%, AS: 15%, MS: 10%, and the ability Maul (2x Crit.), and Roar (Taunt XD)

Nature's Fury: The Druid summons whirlwinds all around him, ripping his enemies apart.
Deals .5x the Druids intelligence every second to enemies, slows them by 25%, and occasonally sends one enemy flying.

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
Here are my suggestions for his abilities...

Nature's Bidding (Active, Target AoE, Channeling)
The Druid calls upon nature to summon green, magical roots within 400 range of the target point. These roots periodically heal any friendly unit standing on them and giving them an armor boost, or simply debuff any enemy unit standing on them, slowing them down and taking up damage over time.

The initial targets, friend or foe including the Druid himself, are completely entangled, rendered immobile. Friendly units affected in this manner are healed more effectively and given much more armor. Enemies on the other hand, take more damage per second. Either way, entangled units can still cast spells or lash out their attacks.

Feral Howlcry (Active, No Target)
The Druid lets loose a fury-driven howl that travels down to the inner workings of all nearby enemies within a 450 AoE radius, knocking them back while at the same time dealing damage. This also works on buildings and trees.

Natural Firepower (Passive)
Every time the Druid attacks, his attack damage increases a bit. This is so, in every attack. However, the Druid consumes 10 Mana per attack in order to stack up his attack damage. When he has not enough Mana, his attacks won't increase in power. When Natural Firepower reaches the maximum number of attack damage to be increased, the mana consumption will stop. The additional attack damage will degenerate if the Druid doesn't attack for quite some time.

Trilycantrophic Bonding (Ultimate)
The Druid makes use of his ultimate weapon. The Druid transforms himself into a Guardian Wolf while summoning three powerful Guardian Spirit Wolves to serve the now transformed Druid. When the Druid casts Feral Howlcry, the other three wolves would do the same thing, though their own version of the spell is much weaker.

Additionaly, the Druid cannot be damaged in his wolf state (not invulnerable, but just can't take any damage no matter how many times he's attacked). The Guardian Spirit Wolves are the key to his temporal indestructibility. Once these wolves disappear or get themselves killed, the Druid will revert back into his original form.

The spell lasts as long as the Druid has mana.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.