Need Help move by keyboard

swe_suffer

Reaction score
Ok i know it exist i lot of move by keyboard threads but i couldnt find one where turn with left by the position of the unit.(and right)
I know how to move backwards and forward but how should i do to make it turn by the facing? (cuz i used "3d" cam)

Realy need it so if you know how please post.

Thx.

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
Every .05(Or whatever) seconds run a trigger called, "Set Camra Field (Timed)" Replace "Distance to Target" to "Angel of Attack". Replace value with "Unit - Facing Angle". I don't have WE infront of me, but I hope that helped.

L

LeVirus Watt

Goofy Foot

swe_suffer said:
Ok i know it exist i lot of move by keyboard threads but i couldnt find one where turn with left by the position of the unit.(and right)
I know how to move backwards and forward but how should i do to make it turn by the facing? (cuz i used "3d" cam)

Realy need it so if you know how please post.

Thx.

As I take it, you've got the camera set up like a third person shooter behind the unit in question. And/Or you wanting to have the unit move via "goofy foot," so that if the unit is facing east and left if pushed, he faces north instead of west.
You will need to get the units current facing angle and add/subtract 90 degrees from that number and have it face that direction.

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
Oh! Sorry. First off, is this a WoW kind of game, or do you want it like Diablo? WoW you move with arrow keys, Diablo with mouse.

Edit: My question answered. :p Anyways, I suggest you do it for if the butten is held, for every... .25 seconds change it by 5°-25°, that way it would be smoother. Changing it my 90° will make it look... weird, and if you want him to go diagnal, it would have to be 45°. :p

Edit(2): Huh? Why did it make too post for an edit?

L

LeVirus Watt

Relitive Facing angle

swe_suffer said:
ehm.. ok but doesn´t it only face the unit to left or right?

(I don't have WE in front of me, so I'm going via memory)
If you set a unit to face an angle, then yes, it will only face a direction. If you choose your angle by:

Set unit facing angle to ( unit's current facing angle + or - x degrees)

then your unit will face a direction relitive to it's current angle.

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
"Change it by 5°-25°." Lol, hope I made the word stick out. I didn't say change it. I wonder if you directed that towards me. :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.