Need Help on ability

MaaxeEvid

Reaction score
Hi, i need help in one ability:

Type:Instant
Target: Self
Mana Cost: 160 / 150/ 140
Effect: Gives a powerfull defense

Description: When you hit points goes below 30%, you can activate this skill and gets aditional defense.

Level 1: Gets 60% of defense
Level 2: Gets 65% of defense
Level 3: Gets 70% of defense

1st
how i make the ability only trigger when the HP of the caster is below 30%?

2nd
how i make, if he try to casts above 30%, the spell doesnt have a cooldown?

3rd
how i make if he try to cast above 30% hp, show a message, "Your hp is not below 30%"
Thx for helps:p

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Percentage life of (Triggering unit)) Less than or equal to 30.00
            Then - Actions
                <Your actions>
            Else - Actions
                Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) for 5.00 seconds the text: Your hp is not below 30%

this answers numbers 1 and 3. just add the appropriate events and conditions.
i dont know number 2.

-
thehelperTripleAnimatedUB.gif

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Well, the only solution I could find is to either disable the ability, or do this:
- Create an exact replication of the spell you made through copy'n'paste. Set all level cooldowns for the replication as something like 9999999999999... Hold "Shift" then double click the field. This won't make it have a no cooldown, but it will make the person wait like 10 hours before the spell is able to cast. :D

- Then, do this:
Code:
TT
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability Being Cast) Equal to Defence Ability
    Actions
        Set Abil_Level = Level of Defence Ability for (Triggering unit)
            If - Conditions
            Then - Actions
                <Your actions>
            Else - Actions
                Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) for 5.00 seconds the text: Your hp is not below 30%
                Unit - Add (Defence Replication Ability) to (Triggering Unit)
                Unit - Set Level of (Defence Replication Ability) for (Triggering Unit) to Abil_Level
                Unit - Remove (Defence Ability) from (Triggering Unit)
That should work. ;)

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
try giving him a dummy ability when his hitpoints are above 30%, the dummy ability has no cooldown and mana cost, and when he drops his life to 30% below give him the main ability that gives him defense, the main ability has cooldown and has mana cost

DuckieKing

Elitist Through and Through
Reaction score
Set all level cooldowns for the replication as something like 9999999999999... Hold "Shift" then double click the field. This won't make it have a no cooldown, but it will make the person wait like 10 hours before the spell is able to cast. :D
As far as I know max cooldown is 300 seconds, even if you set the field higher. ^_^;

try giving him a dummy ability when his hitpoints are above 30%, the dummy ability has no cooldown and mana cost, and when he drops his life to 30% below give him the main ability that gives him defense, the main ability has cooldown and has mana cost
But then if his hp goes above 30% then back below, the cooldown will be refreshed.

Blade's answer's great; for #2 if he uses the spell above 30% remove and readd the spell. You need to set a temporary integer to store the spell's level so it's not level 1 when added again. I don't know GUI wording... all I could do is JASS. ^_^;

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
            If - Conditions
            Then - Actions
                <Your actions>
            Else - Actions
                [B]Unit - Reset ability cooldowns for (Triggering Unit)[/B]

XD hahahxx.. Im not sure if you fixed it yet.. and I haven't seen anyone post anything about the Bolded Action

DuckieKing

Reaction score
XD hahahxx.. Im not sure if you fixed it yet.. and I haven't seen anyone post anything about the Bolded Action
That resets ALL ability cooldowns. You can't pick a single ability to be refreshed.
Needless to say (I don't care! I'm saying it anyway!) this would pose problems if the author didn't want a player to be able to refresh all of his abilities if his HP is just over 30% (and he hasn't used this ability for its cooldown).

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
IT is a simple one, no need for all those big triggers.

Every unit needs some time to cast the spell like 0.5 secs or so

Use condition to determin if ur caster has more than 30% hp and if he has simply order him to stop, spell wont be cast, cooldown wont be triggered

DuckieKing

Reaction score
That's if you trigger it on spell cast, in which case they can use it and hit S themselves, and the cooldown won't start and mana won't be taken.
It does seem like a good idea to make it passive, though. All in your discretion, which problem you want to have.

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
The way i said it worked fine for me, I use it whenever i want to prevent spell cast in my maps, never failed me

DuckieKing

Reaction score
It seems like this spell needs to be triggered, although I still don't know what it does, but I guess you could have another trigger just to stop the cast. That seems like a quick easy solution. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.