Need help on my multiplayer rpg map

G

I am making a multiplayer rpg and need some help about it. I want it that when all players have selected there characters a message will come. [comment and such] but i tried to do it and it doesnt work . I had it that a character would have to go move to a location to trigger this action but it doesnt work. And i also would like it that the computer will attack towns [i know run ai script] and have my towns men FIGHT BACK!!!! but they dont. i have the townsmens as neutral. The townsmen also have zerg structures for defence.[spore,sunken] they are also neutral. Can anyone help? O. what is switch and how is it used. Help plz!!!!!

C

CmdrTydaeus

Firstly, comment is not the command necessary to display a message to the players. "Display Text Message" is the necessary action. Comment is text for the purposes of allowing other map editing enthusiasts (and yourself) to read your code more easily.

Secondly, to have the towns defend themselves, instead of neutral, choose computer. Then, create a trigger for the townsfolk with the conditions 'Always' actions 'set <Player Force> to ally'. Also, create a trigger for the players with the conditions 'Always' actions 'set <townsfolk> to ally'

Finally, a the switches are a method of holding data in its simplest form, usually referred to as 'yes/no', 'true/false', 'on/off' or boolean data, although in the case of switches, the two states are 'set' and 'cleared'. All 256 switches start in the 'cleared' state. The most common use of switches is to keep track of whether something has happened or not (ie, whether a mission objective has been completed). Once the objective has been completed, the related switch is 'set'. Then, other things may happen, different options may be available, new messages displayed. Switches are among the most advanced and versatile features of the campaign editor, and if you wish to know more, just ask (I'll look for my old post, where I take up something like 2 screens on switches).

K

KiLLeR-CrAzY

The comment trigger isnt to speak in game.....Use display text message and after it wait fro 5000 milliseconds so youll be able
to read it

C ya

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.