Need help picking a motherboard.

eazyduzit

Reaction score
Here are the things it needs to be compatible with:

Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5300 LGA775 (800FSB)

DDR2 RAM

GeForce 8800GT PCI-E

S-ATA Hard Drive

And i'm not sure about Form Factor but i do know my current Motherboard is "µATX 24.4 cm x 24.4 cm Form Factor".

Is there anything else i need to know? I'm not looking for a really expensive Motherboard just something that will do for now, because i plan on getting a completely new computer in a few months. Also, available to be shipped to the UK :)

Thanks.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Price range?

I think this would work.

eazyduzit

Reaction score
I've been reading into this quite a bit now, and i've seen a guide that says sometimes you will need to repair Windows with the disk when introducing a new motherboard. Is this true?

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wouldn't suggest buying anything from overclockersUK. You'll end up paying about £20 worth of extra costs, and VAT twice. :p
Their "This week only" offers last for years.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I've been reading into this quite a bit now, and i've seen a guide that says sometimes you will need to repair Windows with the disk when introducing a new motherboard. Is this true?

this is rather likely a necessary step, because windows will have most of the wrong drivers when it tries to boot and as a result it will probably fail, but it depends on the motherboard chipset and how similar it is to your previous one

microATX - 9.6 x 9.6 inches or smaller

Grommo

Reaction score
I just wanted to butt in and say that the ASUS P5Q PRO mobo is AWESOME :p. But why go with the MiniATX? Do you have a small Chassi? I'd really recommend the normal ATX dimension. It's standard and should fit your chassi just fine!

eazyduzit

Reaction score
I just wanted to butt in and say that the ASUS P5Q PRO mobo is AWESOME :p. But why go with the MiniATX? Do you have a small Chassi? I'd really recommend the normal ATX dimension. It's standard and should fit your chassi just fine!

I do have a small computer case unfortunatly :( and thanks for the heads up on the mobo :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.