Need help with a skill

Finestdeath

Reaction score
I have created a skill that basically makes a friendly target invulnerable for a amount of time. Everything works fine BUT the target does not become invulnerable. Only the buff appears but his armor remains the same.

Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Defense Matrix
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Defense Matrix for (Casting unit)) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Make (Target unit of ability being cast) Invulnerable
          • Wait 3.00 seconds
          • Unit - Make (Target unit of ability being cast) Vulnerable
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing

Any help will be appreciated. :D

crazyfanatic

Reaction score
use the event Starts the effect of an ability and instead of event responce Casting unit use the good old Triggering unit

Finestdeath

Reaction score
I followed what you did and the friendly target turned invulnerable...forever. Why is this so? Is it because of the (Target unit of ability being cast) or something else?

crazyfanatic

Reaction score
sometimes bugs like that appear, so set the target to a variable and then make the variable unit vuilnerable. Note that setting must be exactly when the function triggers.

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Is it because of the (Target unit of ability being cast) or something else?

Yeah... You need to put it inside a variable, because it can't withstand that wait...

crazyfanatic

Reaction score
Actually i have had similar functions that worked though the wait, i even tried to use triggers to create cooldown for some spells and even with 100 or more secs waiting time triggering unit still responds, this is one of the things i never understood :/

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
For those who don't understand (like crazyfanatic) there are certain functions that survive waits and certain functions that don't. Most of the Event Responses do (except Target unit of Ability being cast / Target point of ability being cast that I know of) and the functions that aren't event responses don't survive waits (I'm pretty sure this is true for all of them, but I haven't tested).

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
For those who don't understand (like crazyfanatic) there are certain functions that survive waits and certain functions that don't. Most of the Event Responses do (except Target unit of Ability being cast / Target point of ability being cast that I know of) and the functions that aren't event responses don't survive waits (I'm pretty sure this is true for all of them, but I haven't tested).

Actually Target unit of abillity being cast DOES, just a 0.8 second wait, I may be wrong though...

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
^He's right. I tested with a 0.70 and a 0.81 second wait....and they BOTH worked, so now I'm not sure of the limit.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.