Need help with boss fight triggers.

Haxxors

Reaction score
I'm creating a dungeon map and i'm currently running into some issue creating one of the boss fights.

I'll do my best to explain how the fight works, and then post my triggers.

Basically you enter the boss room and Druids of the Talon, Druids of the Claw, and Dryads start to spawn at various time intervals (Their stats are edited of course).Then you come up to the boss.

I'm trying to set a trigger that teleports the boss away every certain amount of time and spawns another boss-like unit, and then teleports the boss back, regardless of whether or not the boss-like unit is dead yet.

I want this to happen every 30 seconds, but the boss-like unit isn't the same each time.

So fighting the boss works like this -

1.You engage and after 30 seconds he is teleported away and the Bear aspect spawns.

2.30 seconds later the boss is teleported back regardless of whether or not the bear aspect is dead

3.30 seconds later the boss is teleported and the tree aspect spawns

4.30 seconds later the boss is teleported back regardless of whether or not the tree aspect is dead

and this just cycles until the boss is dead. All the while adds are spawning.

For some reason though, I just cannot get this system to work. Here are the triggers.

Code:
Bear initial
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 60.00 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Bear aspect for Player 11 (Dark Green) at (Center of Region 135 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
        Trigger - Turn on Bear continuous <gen>

Boss teleport 2
Events
Time - Every 85.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Move HIHIIROKANE THE MONEY STEALING DRUID 0854 <gen> instantly to (Center of Region 135 <gen>)

Code:
Bear continuous
    Events
        Time - Every 120.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Bear aspect for Player 11 (Dark Green) at (Center of Region 135 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees

Code:
Boss teleport
    Events
        Time - Every 60.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Move HIHIIROKANE THE MONEY STEALING DRUID 0854 <gen> instantly to (Center of Region 134 <gen>)

Code:
Boss teleport 2
    Events
        Time - Every 85.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Move HIHIIROKANE THE MONEY STEALING DRUID 0854 <gen> instantly to (Center of Region 135 <gen>)

Code:
Nature initial
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 120.00 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Trigger - Turn on Nature continous <gen>
        Unit - Create 1 Nature Aspect for Player 11 (Dark Green) at (Center of Region 135 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees

Code:
Nature continous
    Events
        Time - Every 120.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Nature Aspect for Player 11 (Dark Green) at (Center of Region 135 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees

Sorry for the amount of triggers lol. Thank you in advance.

Heizo

Reaction score
Are you going to have the aspects spawn more than once each or just once per aspect?

Haxxors

Reaction score
Are you going to have the aspects spawn more than once each or just once per aspect?

They will spawn more than once.

They keep spawning at their set interval of time until the actual boss is defeated.

Pharaoh_

The epic journey will soon begin... Prepare!
Reaction score
I suggest you had a repetitive timer of 30.00 seconds, storing in the map initialization the unit-types you want, e.g.

Events
Map initialization
Conditions
Actions
Set BossAspect[1] = X
Set BossAspect[2] = Y

And once the timer expires, you increase a value by 1.
If the value is 1, create a BossAspect [1]; if it is 2, create a BossAspect [2]; if it is 3, create again a BossAspect [1], if it is 4, create a BossAspect [4], and so on.

Note: Don't forget to store each time the center of Region in a point variable, since it leaks as is right now and remove it by Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Name of Variable here)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.