Need help with getting triggered spell to work.

Haxxors

Reaction score
Alright well, my other post had like 10 spells on it and I think no one was posting because the list was too long. So, i'm gonna slowly break it up.

This first spell is called "Blessing" and what it does is heal allies around the caster, and also has a 20% chance of making the caster invulnerable and healing him to full.

As of right now, the only thing that works is healing the casters allies.

Also there are no SFX. I was told to use a dummy caster with a buff to cast the SFX and thats what I did.

One last thing, the "Blessing Buff" dummy spell you see is modified inner fire that gives the target 9999 armor so they are pretty much invuln.

Here's the trigger

Trigger:
  • Blessing
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to (==) Blessing
    • Actions
      • Set UnitVarCaster12 = (Triggering unit)
      • Set TempLoc49 = (Position of UnitVarCaster12)
      • Set BlessingOwner[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Casting unit)
        • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to (<=) 20
          • Then - Actions
            • Unit - Set life of UnitVarCaster12 to 100.00%
            • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Missile for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempLoc49 facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
            • Unit - Add a 4.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
            • Unit - Add Blessing Buff to (Last created unit)
            • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Priest - Inner Fire UnitVarCaster12
          • Else - Actions
      • Unit - Set life of UnitVarCaster12 to ((Life of UnitVarCaster12) + (2.00 x (Real((Intelligence of UnitVarCaster12 (Exclude bonuses))))))
      • Unit - Remove Negative buffs from UnitVarCaster12
      • Set GroupVar13 = (Units within 400.00 of TempLoc49 matching ((((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an ally of (Owner of UnitVarCaster12)) Equal to (==) True) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to (==) True)))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in GroupVar13 and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) + ((Real((Intelligence of UnitVarCaster12 (Exclude bonuses)))) x 2.50))
          • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads ((String((Integer((Real(((Intelligence of UnitVarCaster12 (Include bonuses)) x 2))))))) + !) above (Target unit of ability being cast) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (50.00%, 33.00%, 80.00%), and 0.00% transparency
          • Set BlessingFloatingText[3] = (Last created floating text)
          • Floating Text - Show (Last created floating text) for (All players)
          • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 1.50 seconds
          • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 80.00 towards 90.00 degrees
          • Floating Text - Destroy BlessingFloatingText[3]
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Weapons\FaerieDragonMissile\FaerieDragonMissile.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Transmute\GoldBottleMissile.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempLoc49)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_GroupVar13)

Hellohihi

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Missile for (Owner of BlessingOwner[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]) at TempLoc49 facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees

Why all the hassle?

Just do:

Trigger:
  • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Missile for (Owner of Triggering Unit) at TempLoc49 facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees

Btw, seriously you have 49+ location variables?
You know, you can reuse the same global variable in all triggers, just that the actions has no waits and be instant.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
Trigger:

instead of that, make an integer variable, and set it to a random number between 1 and 100 (or 1 and 5 to make it simpler). Then use the integer variable where you put (Random integer number between 1 and 100). Also, why use a modified inner fire? Why not just divine shield? Or whatever it's called, that paladin shield. Or there is also a function to make units invulnerable if I remember correctly.

edit - the lack of a variable might not even be the problem, try increasing the expiration timer on the dummy to 3 or 4 seconds, 1 second may not be enough time to for it to cast the ability.

Hellohihi

Reaction score
Trigger:

instead of that, make an integer variable, and set it to a random number between 1 and 100 (or 1 and 5 to make it simpler). Then use the integer variable where you put (Random integer number between 1 and 100). Also, why use a modified inner fire? Why not just divine shield? Or whatever it's called, that paladin shield. Or there is also a function to make units invulnerable if I remember correctly.

edit - the lack of a variable might not even be the problem, try increasing the expiration timer on the dummy to 3 or 4 seconds, 1 second may not be enough time to for it to cast the ability.

I don't see that making an integer variable for his percentage chance condition is more efficient.

His <=20 out of 100 simply means 20% chance, its already that simple, don't need to use global integers or what not.

Haxxors

Reaction score
I tried everything you said and it still doesnt work. The updated trigger is up on the original post.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> there are no SFX

The trigger for dummy looks fine. Did you edit the buff field correctly? Can the Inner Fire target your triggering unit? Mana cost etc? Check these out in the Object Editor. Trigger-wise, it's fine.

> Floating Text - Destroy BlessingFloatingText[3]

Remove this and change it to 'Floating Text - Disable permanence for (Last created floating text)'.

> Set BlessingOwner[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Casting unit)

This isn't required. You already have one variable set (the 'Triggering unit').

> it still doesnt work

What else doesn't work?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.