Need Help With item ability-based passives

MorbazanRhot

Reaction score
So I'm working on an RPG with heroes with multiple spellbooks. In one of the spellbooks (6 spells total in this one, so it's not an issue of space) 2 of the abilities are based off of item abilities, the Item Attack Corruption Bonus and Item Life Regeneration. The problem is that when the spellbook gains those abilities, they don't actually show up. They do exist, because the hero gains those abilities, but the icons are non-existent within the book.

The abilities have been changed to regular (from item), the X and Y values for positioning are fine, they have icons for both Normal and Turn Off. Furthermore, I have another item ability (Spell Shield) in another spellbook and it shows up. I also tried just giving the abilities to the hero from the beginning (outside of a spellbook) to test if they would show up (changed the X and Y so they'd fit in) and they did not. So is this just an issue with certain item passive abilities (because I know that passive item attribute bonuses will show up on heroes) not showing up? And is there a way to fix it?

And yes, I know that I could just add dummy icons to the spellbook and add those abilities to the heroes via triggers, but that would be adding what I hope to be unnecessary triggers, and though they would be short triggers, given that I'm afraid I'll be running into this problem again I'd rather find a simpler solution if there is one. Thanks in advance for any help!

Nexor

Reaction score
there are some item abilities which do not have any icons at all even if you give them one. If you really want to show the abilities, then add 1 or 2 dummy abilities

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.