Need Help with Mapmaking... System Errors on Saving!

avalya

Reaction score
Basically my problem is that my map (or actually all my maps I'm trying to make) gets about 4960 errors whenever I'm trying to save, even if I were to create a new map and just save it... I don't use any JASS or something at all, nor any system or whatsoever. Anyone who can help me with it?

Thanks in advance!

~ avalya

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Are you using a Mac? If so, check out my post here. The 1.24 patch broke the trigger editor on Mac, but it's mostly fixable.

avalya

Reaction score
Yes I am using a mac, and I can't reinstall WC3 since I'm spending a year of school in US without my CDs :p.

avalya

Reaction score
I'll try that out, Weep, though I got school in a couple of minutes so it'll have to wait but thanks, +rep!

avalya

Reaction score
Hmm, I tried that Weep, it worked like the first time I tried it, but then it's been bugging all over again (10+ attempts), I placed the Scripts folder in my WC3 folder, should I just do that or should I extract the content of it into the WC3 folder, or into the War3.mpq or War3X.mpq folders? I'm not really sure what's the problem but it's basically the same way it was before I tried what you told me.

Would be nice if you could maybe post a screenshot of how you have it, or maybe clarify it. Anyways thanks.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
I just have the Scripts folder sitting in the same folder where I have WC3 and the World Editor app.

vdoa51.png

avalya

Reaction score
Hmm, mine looks exactly like that, but still doesn't work, oh well... let's just hope they can solve it with the next patch whenever that comes, meanwhile I'll be kicking ass in DotA ^^. Thanks for your help though, I might get it to work again, which I hope.

avalya

Reaction score
Well, the actual problem is when it comes to Validating Scripts when it tries to save, if that helps narrow it down?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.