Need help with Wolf Form abillity

Cdo

Reaction score
I have been trying to make an abillity for a hero so that he can turn into a wolf.
whilst it may be really simple i've spent ages trying to mess with abillities and decided i should just ask for help, so can anyone help me?

What i need is for my hero to be able to turn into a wolf and have some altered stats, i really don't care to much about the stat's i just want him to look all bear like... so i've tried metamorphosis and bear form (druid) but neither of them work... (PS... MUST BE UNIT SKILL)

so if someone can help by linking me to a page on the skills or telling us a way to do it i would be extreamly greatfull:thup:

Cdo

Reaction score
i have no idea, i thought it would but he wouldn't trasform properly, he started casting the abillity and then turned into an alternate form of the same model and then tried to re-cast the skill... every time i tried the skill i made a never ending loop and he kept gaining that +500 health from metamorphosis without loosing it again which made him over powered and the model didn't swap either... i can try again but i have to make it a unit abillity... ill take another look...

avalya

Reaction score
You need to make sure you set the alternate form unit into another hero (the wolf or bear or whatever you want) and that the original unit (the one the hero returns to) is in fact, the casting hero. Also remember to set Unit - Duration to 0 (instant transform) and Hero - Duration to your duration (unlimited time is 0 -- only transforming back when it's ordered to) and set the Bonus Health value to 0.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
i have no idea, i thought it would but he wouldn't trasform properly, he started casting the abillity and then turned into an alternate form of the same model and then tried to re-cast the skill... every time i tried the skill i made a never ending loop and he kept gaining that +500 health from metamorphosis without loosing it again which made him over powered and the model didn't swap either... i can try again but i have to make it a unit abillity... ill take another look...

Out of interest, what model are u using?

NindoOne

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I have been trying to make an abillity for a hero so that he can turn into a wolf.
whilst it may be really simple i've spent ages trying to mess with abillities and decided i should just ask for help, so can anyone help me?

What i need is for my hero to be able to turn into a wolf and have some altered stats, i really don't care to much about the stat's i just want him to look all bear like... so i've tried metamorphosis and bear form (druid) but neither of them work... (PS... MUST BE UNIT SKILL)

so if someone can help by linking me to a page on the skills or telling us a way to do it i would be extreamly greatfull:thup:

I did an ability just like this yesterday based on metamprphosis and it works without any problem. It doesn't have any attribute changes but that can be done through triggers...

Cdo

Reaction score
i'm using an imported model of tauren druid
(Hero Whitemane Druid by General Frank)

Ok so what's happening is he's transforming into the other form (which is a wolf version of the metamorphosis unit) which seems to work but he dosn't change forms/models :(

also when he changes back which i think he's actually doing he seems to keep the timed life with him, i've used metamorphosis plenty of times before and never had this problem so i'm really confused (ps thanks for the help so far :thup:)

well i g2g be back this arvo

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
i'm using an imported model of tauren druid
(Hero Whitemane Druid by General Frank)

Ok so what's happening is he's transforming into the other form (which is a wolf version of the metamorphosis unit) which seems to work but he dosn't change forms/models :(

also when he changes back which i think he's actually doing he seems to keep the timed life with him, i've used metamorphosis plenty of times before and never had this problem so i'm really confused (ps thanks for the help so far :thup:)

well i g2g be back this arvo

Try Tinker Goblin form.

Cdo

Reaction score
i'll give it a look but i'm curious, i decided whilst i would make a trigger so i've got one that mostly works the only thing i need is a even that changes the model used (so it looks like a wolf) is this possible?

if not i'll have to continue with the abillity madness :):thup:

RangerX

I am justice!
Reaction score
ok if you don't need to switch between them [from hero to unit and from unit to hero] the best base spell for this [you will remain wolf until you die ] is the "Panda master" spell "storm, earth and fire" just put only one unit .. [the wolf] modify the datas around to only create 1 unit levels and all .. but for switching between them i don't have any idea

baaabuuu

Reaction score
here ya go

here ya go i gote a triggered version fore heroes and that stuff and a normale version fore units use the flame strike on blood mage and warstomp on tauren to change them have a nice day and night

Cdo

Reaction score
still having problems

ok so i'm comparing the two transformations (no using trigger) and there not verry different... obviously... but mine seems to start casting then stop... i'll keep searching for the answer

***UPDATE***

no i'm no longer having issues,
ok so it's all working good, turns out my wolf didn't have the same abillity, my bad... anyway it works fine now and sadly my trigger version of this skill must leave us... thanks so much for the help i couldn't have worked it out without the example, i wanna +rep*1 billion but i can't soz... anyway thanks so much i can't stress across how awesome it is that this now works.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.