[Need] Hero - Ideas !

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
Hey! The helper i need your help with Hero ideas for my map.

Name of Map: Land of War [AOS] OH NO! another one! :(

If you have an idea please post it! Icon imports are no big deal, neither are special effect models, but I only want to use Warcraft3 models.

Each Hero consist of 3 normal spells and 1 ultimate.

Normal spells level 4 times, and ultimate's level 3 times.

Each spell should be Synergy, meaning all spells should work together for the Hero.

Please try to be as specific as you can on what the spell does and don't be like BlueMirage and post mumble jumble.

Thank you in advance, +rep if you post a Hero suggestion. <3

HellCraft

Reaction score
Hero Ideas - DotA Forums

Thats basically a forum all the people to suggest heroes to IceFrog. Those heroes obviously are never going to get implemented, in DotA that is.
Considering your map has the same skill-level distribution, you can make someone's dream hero get implemented in another map possibly.

Know that the people there don't know anything about coding spells. The spells can be extremely difficult or even impossible.
Also know that most of the ideas there are extremely good, have fully synergising skillsets focusing on a particular role and extremely balanced.

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
I've seen many of them, and i disliked MANY of them. :(

And some I've liked has impossible coding as you said lol, well just for me.

BlueMirage

Trust, but doubt.
Reaction score
A question of design, eh?

If you want a good map, asking random peeps here won't give you many good heroes. Each AoS has its own focus on metagame, mechanics and design in general. For example, in a game like DotA (Which I think most people will refer to when thinking of balance / usefulness), there's a lot of focus on the heroes, while the ever-spawning creeps serve mainly as sources of income.

I think you should write down some specifications.

BlueMirage

Trust, but doubt.
Reaction score
Well, since you only want hero ideas (Not skill ideas), I will post general hero concepts instead of fully completed skills.

A STR hero that wants to stay in battle as long as possible and gets stronger the longer he stays. The strength of the hero will help him survive for a long time. The hero could have one skill that increases his effective health in some way. Lifesteal is an easy solution for that. Exactly what kind, I don't know. Maybe a targeted damaging skill that will steal life.
He could also have a skill that makes him an unfavorable target for spells. For example, if he or she is the target of a spell, something bad happens for the enemy team. This keeps fire off the hero and gives him extra time needed to get strong.
A passive skill that gives the hero bonuses depending on the amount of nearby dead units. I reccomend this skill being offensive instead of defensive as it could help the hero's farming if it was.
Maybe a skill that would give the hero bonuses if an enemy unit is running. Extra AS/MS for example. Could be a buff or a passive ability. This would make enemy heroes stay and fight him instead of running away.

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
I wanted spells to.. If you read i was saying Heroes have 3 normal spells and 1 ultimate.

Edit* also where does it say i don't want spell ideas.

BlueMirage

Trust, but doubt.
Reaction score
I did read, but I think it's more flexible for you if I do it like this, because then you can choose by yourself what you want as an ultimate etc. I am simply providing ideas.

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
I don't want to think of ideas, i myself have run out of ideas for Heroes that is the only reason why i made the thread.. I don't want people posting some mumble jumble then say think of your own spells...

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score
Rick the Arcanist

Long ago, there once lived a unknown little baby, without parents, or brothers or sisters. Rick was dying. But then, when all hope was gone a old man going. He saw Rick lawing there, dying. He took him home to feed him.

The old man grown him up, learning him the ways of Arcane. When he got old enough, Rick left the old man to help the world from danger.

Spells:
Arcane Explosion

icons_8141_btn.jpg

Rick's "father" learned him to blast Arcane powder. He creates a blast dealing damage(fix this please. I havent got very good fantasy.)
Level 1: Damages 90 damage. 250 AoE
Level 2: Damages 120 damage. 300 Aoe
Level 3: Damages 150 damage. 350 AoE
Level 4: Damages 200 damage. 400 AoE

Arcane Briliance
icons_9611_btn.jpg

Whenever Rick casts a spell he gains mana. If his mana is gets to Zero, he gets damage instead.

Level 1: Gets 5 mana. 2 Damage.
Level 2: Gets 10 mana. 4 Damage.
Level 3: Gets 15 mana. 6 Damage.
Level 4: Gets 20 mana. 8 Damage.

Arcane Missiles

icons_2049_btn.jpg

Rick starts to cast arcane missiles on the selected unit. If he finishes the spell-casting he damages the unit.

Level 1: Damages 25 Each missile. Finishing deals 80 damage.
Level 2: Damages 30 Each missile. Finishing deals 80 damage.
Level 3: Damages 35 Each missile. Finishing deals 80 damage.
Level 4: Damages 40 each missile. Finishing deals 80 damage.
Arcane Gear
icons_1005_btn.jpg

Rick used to be an electrican. When he learnt to use Arcane, he learnt how to create cogs in the air around him. They spin around dealing damage. If the cog kills a unit it creates an another cog.

Level 1: Damages 20 damage. Creates 25 cogs. Spawn a 2 damage cog.
Level 2: Damages 40 damage. Creates 35 cogs. Spawn a 4 damage cog.
Level 3: Damages 60 damage. Creates 50 cogs. Spawn a 6 damage cog.

There you go Undead.Cow. If this was helpful(lol), give rep.

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
Thank you! :D

I might actually create the hero but the tooltips i can change. :thup:

+rep ;)

BlueMirage

Trust, but doubt.
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • I think he means that the spell is made already?
    • Or it is clearly can be made.

Even though it's a bad way to do it according to myself, if that's what he wants, I guess I'll just piece together the ideas I said earlier.

Ridley, the Bloodrock (Wee Metroid reference)

Gargoyle model

Story?
The great battle upon Mount Arreat had caused a great loss of men. Some were lying on the ground, bleeding and screaming in agony and terror as they lied helplessly on the ground. There was however one survivor from the bloodbath. On his dying breath, his feelings of hatred and loss forged a magical being out of the mountain and the blood of his comrades. The beast hungered for revenge, intent on stealing everything from what it saw as its enemies. Their strength, their hope, and most importantly, their lives.

Idea:
Read my previous post.

1st skill:
Vampire Bite
The next attack will bite the enemy with extreme strength, regaining life and momentarily shocking it. Buff lasts for 1 second.
2x critical hit, 1 second stun and 100% lifesteal for 1 attack.
Cooldown of 11/9/7/5 seconds.
(Base this skill off Berserk!)

2nd skill:
Stone Skin
Turns Ridley's skin into stone, which will force spells off him.
Dispels debuffs, and redirects any targeted spell against Ridley onto a nearby ally, if there is one.
Duration of 3 seconds, cooldown and manacost decreases.
(Basing this off Mirror Image could actually work, but I'm not sure.)

3rd skill:
Blood Bath
Bathing in the blood of his enemies and allies alike, Ridley gets stronger.
Whenever a nearby unit dies, Ridley gains 1 extra strength and for 10 / 20 / 30 / 40 seconds, or 5 extra strength if a hero dies for the same duration.

Ultimate:
Siphon Spirit
With fear inspired into the heart of his enemies, taking advantage of their mentality is not a difficult task. Should a cowardly enemy run away or if it is cowering in fear from Ridley's attacks, Ridley drains 12% of their attack and movespeed. Debuff duration and AoE increases with level.
Debuffs nearby enemies. If those units are moving or if it is being attacked by Ridley, Ridley gains 12% AS and MS while the debuffed units loses 12% MS and AS.

There. The same ideas I said earlier, just put into skills. Not hard.

0WN3D

Reaction score
heres a idea for hero.
Duke of Blades

Smash slash
Duke of Blades jumps in the air and smashes the target with great force, stunning it in the process.Deals damage equals to X + agility

Backslash(no other spells i can think of sorry)
Duke of blades deals bonus damage when he attacks the most vunerable parts of the victim.
deals X x Agility(basicly like backstab from DotA)

Agile Swordsman
Duke of blades Agility proves fatal.Each time he attacks, there will be a chance for 'blink' behind the target and slashes it

Berserk
Duke of blades sacrifices defence for Agility.
Increases Agility at a X per second rate but increases damage taken by 50%.
Last Z seconds.

random.guy27

Reaction score
I thought you're helping Furby with Legacy of Heroes...

Oh well. I want to suggest something but I've already suggested it in Furby's thread.

If I suggested it here too, won't that be double-crossing or something?

Anyway... Just see if you like my Hero.
If you want it to be implemented in your map, which I somehow doubt, PM me first.

My Heroes

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
heres a idea for hero.
Duke of Blades

Smash slash
Duke of Blades jumps in the air and smashes the target with great force, stunning it in the process.Deals damage equals to X + agility

Backslash(no other spells i can think of sorry)
Duke of blades deals bonus damage when he attacks the most vunerable parts of the victim.
deals X x Agility(basicly like backstab from DotA)

Agile Swordsman
Duke of blades Agility proves fatal.Each time he attacks, there will be a chance for 'blink' behind the target and slashes it

Berserk
Duke of blades sacrifices defence for Agility.
Increases Agility at a X per second rate but increases damage taken by 50%.
Last Z seconds.

This gives me a lot of info about your hero, icon, model, attributes, levels! Perfect! :banghead:

0WN3D

Reaction score
well...model should use anyone with sword.
Strength medium + medium
Agility High + medium ( primary Att)
Intelligence medium + low
sorry for not giving icons as i do not no how to insert it.

i really sux at hero descriptiong:p
but i'l give it a shot.

After training for years with the sword, Muramasa has attain the name Duke of Blades.His Agility is his greatest weapon. He could jump extremely high then smashing his foe with great force, crippling it.Being able to position himself behind a enemy, slashing it in its most vunerable parts, he could easily anihlate any foes on the way. But his name is due to the fact that he could force himself into beserking, increasing his battling capabilities in exchange for defence. Muramasa, a foe you do not want to fight any day.

Archideas

Reaction score
I thought you're helping Furby with Legacy of Heroes...

That'd be me, not Undead.Cow. ;) Anyway, if a hero is created specifically for a map, then it'd be considered stealing if you took it from someone else's thread without asking the creator/topic creator.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.