Need Ideas

Cidzero

Imma firin mah lazer!!!1!1
Reaction score
As the title says, I have heros I need abilities for so I can finally complete them...and I went braindead on making them...and I need atleast 1 more hero to make my set, but I will be adding more in eventually so yea...^_^

I'm going to list my heros (NONE ARE COMPLETED >.<) and leave slots open, not sure if I want to give them all attribute bonus or not so I'll just include the 5th slot...All Summons are Permanent

Nothing extravagant please, this map is pretty consuming with 30+ Heros constantly moving, spawning, dieing, being removed. I edited them to seem like normal units, just instead of have limitations with upgrades, I figured making everything a hero is better, and a lot more fun to control. 0 Leaks, made sure.

Dragon - uses the Lindrmr model (awesome). ranger/fighter
-Natural Ability: Fly (it morphs into its alternate which is it flying I love this model)
-Ability 1: Spew Fire - similar to breath of fire, just edited for power and costs.
-Ability 2: Tail Slam - supposed to only work when on the ground but having issues doing that...anyone have an idea?
-Ability 3: Need.
-Ability 4: Need.
-Ability 5: Attribute Bonus.

Frost Dragon - blue textured version of dragon (not the undead, a recoloring). This dragon has siege attack. mage/fighter/ranger
-Natural Ability: Fly (same as dragon)
-Ability 1: Spew Ice - frost breath essentially, edited for the map.
-Ability 2: Frost Explosion (thx to sjakie) - working on it.
-Ability 3: Frozen Aura - slow aura essentially, edited for map.
-Ability 4: Frozen Skies - infernal, but a remake of my own doing to summon a frost instead (I've been told the skin is dam good). The frost infernal needs a passive, can't be "Frost Bite" aka Immolation.

Juggernaut Infernal - The brass infernal, really good skin couldn't resist using it. tank
-Natural Ability: Need.
-Ability 1: Need.
-Ability 2: Juggernaut Stomp - multiple War stomps that spread out covering a huge radius, low damage per one.
-Ability 3: Searing Flames - purple version of perma. immolation (fits perfect with his white/purple flames) re-skinned the color myself, I'm soo proud >.<
-Ability 4: Juggernaut Strength - 20 strength per level of the ability. Attribute bonus for only strength.

Phoenix Warrior - the bloodelf phoenix guard from General Frank, supposed to be a tank kinda but great at fighting. fighter/tank
-Ability 1: Burning Aura (thx to Manee) - reduces enemy armor and deals damage overtime.
-Ability 2: Agility (thx to Manee) - Evasion.
-Ability 3: Searing Blades (thx to Manee) - Extra damage at the cost of mana.
-Ability 4: Phoenix Intervension (thx to Manee) - Phoenix of Avatar Morph.

Dark Wizard - the very well done bloodelf wizard by General Frank. mage
-Ability 1: Flame wave - breath of fire remake again, but stronger than spew fire by a good deal.
-Ability 2: Restrict (thx to Manee) - Hands surge from the ground and hold a unit disabling attacks.
-Ability 3: Mana Aura - brilliance aura, didn't like the name ^_^ (at least I think I named it Mana Aura...)
-Ability 4: Meteor - again infernal, but summons the deadlier Flame Infernal. Flame infernal has perma immo

Elven Warrior - Elven Warrior model by General Frank. kinda the DD out of the 3 elves. fighter
-Natural Ability: Cure - removes all buffs from a friendly target (one of the only 2 ways to lose Ghoul touch which will kill you eventually)
-Ability 1: Heal - holy light but modified for this fighter.
-Ability 2: Crippling Attack (thx to Manee) - % chance to cripple an enemy unit upon attack. (triggered because the Orb doesn't get used unless you tell your hero to attack)
-Ability 3: Combat Training - drunken brawler (crit/evasion) (only goes to lvl 50 for good reasons as some of u can guess)
-Ability 4: Bladestorm - he doesn't animate...might remove.

Void Walker - The best waterelemental model, I know most of you have seen it. mage/ranger
-Ability 1: Blackhole (thx to X-maul for the inspiration) - spawns a blackhole at a designated location which will attack enemy units and after 30 seconds explode! The blackhole also tears a hole in the fabrics of time and space allowing small void walkers to enter the world.
-Ability 2: Need.

Builder - peasant model always fits the build on this char, he builds towers that some are really powerful, but he himself is weak, he can build the best weapon/armor seller, but will require a high level and cost. Also he builds the basic market, fountain, and has automated lumber mills. builder
-Natural Ability: Repair/build. (has both)

Treant Elder - ancient of war, might change if I get bugged enough. This is the nightelf builder essentially, but instead of towers he gets weaker but mobile ancients that can morph to regain hp faster and have a ranged attack. Also, he has the Mana Well instead of fountain, regenerates mana instead of hp. fighter/builder
-Natural Ability: Summon Treant Spirit (the builder)
-Ability 1: Root - gives a ranged attack and increased heal rate. (based off stone form for those who don't know how to do)
-Ability 2: Summon Treant Warrior - just a little extra tank, nothing special.
-Ability 3: Bark Skin - same as spiked carapace, edited for the map.
-Ability 4: Overgrowth - AoE Entangle (I love)

Ice Knight - nice skin of the death knight to make into an armored knight, has no blade so enabled the use of this model to wield 3 different elemental weapons. tank/fighter
-Natural Ability: Adrenaline - yea was reading around, passive bloodlust.
-Ability 1: Need. (Need 1 attack spell preferably)
-Ability 2: Armor Mastery - basically devotion aura only for the knight, does stack.
-Ability 3: Shield Mastery - gives a high chance to block a certain amount of damage.
-Ability 4: Frost Blade Mastery (thx to Sil3nt) - passive defensive frost nova (trigger) and slow attack.

Poison Knight - the poison blade wielder. fighter/tank/pvper
-Natural Ability: Adrenaline
-Ability 2: Armor Mastery
-Ability 3: Shield Mastery
-Ability 4: Poison Blade Mastery - a slow poison like ghoul touch, but gets stronger. (can kill)

Flame Knight - the searing blade wielder. fighter/tank/AoE
-Natural Ability: Adrenaline
-Ability 2: Armor Mastery
-Ability 3: Shield Mastery
-Ability 4: Searing Blade Mastery - cleaving attack with fire instead ^_^

Born Leader - He's weak like the builder but for good reasons. Leader
-Natural Ability: Leader Abilities - spell book containing all his commandable units (all channel spell with trigger), and his 3 commander auras. Cannot control the units, they attack around where the leader goes, currently 5 at most, asked that I make that increase with levels. System thanks to vex, does bug up on this map unfortunately randomly but fixes itself.
-Ability 3: Combat Training - also improves combat tactics for your units.
-Ability 4: Improved Equipment - each level increases base skills for all your units, (armor weapon shield etc.)

Squad Leader - This is an infantry commander with all his units basing according to the infantry from company of heros. Leader
-Natural Ability: Leader Abilities - spell book containing all his commandable units (all channel spell with trigger), and his 3 commander auras. Cannot control the units, they attack around where the leader goes, currently 5 at most, asked that I make that increase with levels. System thanks to vex, does bug up on this map unfortunately randomly but fixes itself.
-Ability 2: Need. (thinking of grenade)

Thank you, will update with skills and hero(s) if I like. Oh yea I like to color code stuff...makes it look better imo.

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
For your ice knight perhaps use my frozen wall of my icecrown overlord found here http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=80328

In case your too lazy to look heres briefly what it does. (I changed it from the one in the thread a bit because its a bit outdated.)

Causes any liquids beneath a targets feet to rise up and freeze them, disabling any type of movement. The ice wall melts after # seconds or when it can no longer sustain any attacks. When it melts all units around a# radius are slowed by # speed for # seconds.

Additional ability would be to melt the wall manually.

Cidzero

Reaction score
bump-

@Sil3nt

Frozen wall is interesting...hmmm

Ok tested, frost mastery gave me the idea for Ice Blade Mastery, so I'll leave credits for you because you gave the idea.

Manee

Reaction score
Phoenix Warrior - the bloodelf phoenix guard from General Frank, supposed to be a tank kinda but great at fighting. fighter/tank
-Natural Ability: Blessing of the Phoenix- bonus regen depending on the hero's armor
-Ability 1: Burning Aura- negative hp regen, -armor on enemies
-Ability 2: Agility- evasion
-Ability 3: Searing Blades- + damage while sucking up mana (activatable)
-Ability 4: Phoenix Intervension- transforms into a phoenix-like avatar (use General Frank's Phoenix Avatar :) )
-Ability 5: Need.

Dark Wizard - the very well done bloodelf wizard by General Frank. mage
-Ability 1: Flame wave - breath of fire remake again, but stronger than spew fire by a good deal.
-Ability 2: Restrict- a hand from the ground grabs an enemy, restricting its movement
-Ability 3: Mana Aura - brilliance aura, didn't like the name ^_^ (at least I think I named it Mana Aura...)
-Ability 4: Meteor - again infernal, but summons the deadlier Flame Infernal. Flame infernal has perma immo

Elven Warrior - Elven Paladin model by General Frank. kinda the DD out of the 3 elves. fighter
-Natural Ability: Cure - removes all buffs from a friendly target (one of the only 2 ways to lose Ghoul touch which will kill you eventually)
-Ability 1: Heal - holy light but modified for this fighter.
-Ability 2: Cripple- A chance while attacking to cripple an enemy, decreasing its movement speed
-Ability 3: Combat Training - drunken brawler (crit/evasion) (only goes to lvl 50 for good reasons as some of u can guess)
-Ability 4: Bladestorm - he doesn't animate...might remove.

Cidzero

Reaction score
Wow Manee you basically solved my Phoenix Warrior o.o
I like all of them :D

The blessing of the phoenix ability confuses me atm, mind explaining how to pull it off? Or a little more explanation as to what it bases its healing rate off of?

*Edit* Noticed I had invincible instead of invisible for Builder's 5th lol..>.<

Manee

Reaction score
-Natural Ability: Blessing of the Phoenix- bonus regen depending on the hero's armor

lets say the hero's armor is 3 then it would be +3 hp regen/sec

the formula depends on u but i suggest armor/1.5=bonus hp regen

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Void Walker
- Whisper some mystic words that will create an demension port that will allow some woidwalker to step into this dimension (chanelling spell)(every 2.5 second a woid walker step into the dimension, every level will raise the summon time)

Cidzero

Reaction score
Void walker summon...hmmm...gives me an idea to make them spawn randomly and the spell will do damage like either starfall or that storm spell...

Sounds like a good idea to me.

*Edit* Blackhole ^_^ It'll spawn guys via trigger and attack, ultimately blowing up and dealing a ton of damage.

Cidzero

Reaction score
Silly People, no have ideas o_O >.<

Com'n someone has to have some more ideas even for one skill o_O People are getting mad at me for not finishing certain heros ~.~

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
You could make a frost nova for you frost dragon.
Make on that affects units around him, and not a target one, call it ice explosion or something.
You can also make him some kind of ice shard cannon (rain of fire/breath of fire with changed models).

I know these aint original ideas, but they are easy to make, and I saw you were keeping it easy.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
As the title says, I have heros I need abilities for so I can finally complete them...and I went braindead on making them...and I need atleast 1 more hero to make my set, but I will be adding more in eventually so yea...^_^

I'm going to list my heros (NONE ARE COMPLETED >.<) and leave slots open, not sure if I want to give them all attribute bonus or not so I'll just include the 5th slot...All Summons are Permanent

Nothing extravagant please, this map is pretty consuming with 30+ Heros constantly moving, spawning, dieing, being removed. I edited them to seem like normal units, just instead of have limitations with upgrades, I figured making everything a hero is better, and a lot more fun to control. 0 Leaks, made sure.

Dragon - uses the Lindrmr model (awesome). ranger/fighter
-Natural Ability: Fly (it morphs into its alternate which is it flying I love this model)
-Ability 1: Spew Fire - similar to breath of fire, just edited for power and costs.
-Ability 2: Tail Slam - supposed to only work when on the ground but having issues doing that...anyone have an idea?
First of all, I got to say I love this model too, and im going to use it alot in my map.
I think I can help you with the Tail Slam. If you use Storm crow form as the Fly ability, you get to use the original unit and the unit it morphs to. Don't set it to the same unit, have 2 units that looks the same(model is also the same, the ability will play the alternate move when they morph) So make it all the same(modify some damage if you want it to be stronger/weaker on the ground/air) then remove tail slam from the flying unit.

People are getting mad at me for not finishing certain heros ~.~
I know how it feels, happens to me all the time.

Cidzero

Reaction score
sjakie thats genius! I never thought about a frost nova stomp, simple trigger simple victory.

@Siretu
I think I already tried that, I'll do a test again to make sure but I think it saves the abilities onto the morphed model also :S

*Edit*
Yea I did try, same result, even if the flying unit doesn't have the ability, it gains it from the ground unit.

Cidzero

Reaction score
Well from what I can tell, since this is a hero, I'd have to make a variable and replace the ability with another for the flying. And use the variable to keep track of the level of the 2 abilities, having them both be the same level.

I tried using a unit to disable and enable through requirement but the skill of storm crow doesn't register as an ability being cast, channeled, starting effect, etc., tried using the orderid and that failed so yea...

Cidzero

Reaction score
Hmmmm....units' abilities are filling up finally...yay ^_^

Updated the unit list, still need ideas throwem at me please :D

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
That's just 12 hours full.

Bump after 24 hours next time until your thread had been answered.

Good luck.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.