Need Leader Power Ideas

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
Okay, as some of you may know (hopefully) I created an AoS map a while ago called Space Orcs! (you can find it here: Space Orcs!). I am now venturing to make a modified melee style map with these same units and I planned on having each player choose one leader (a hero) to lead their army. I plan on having three choices of leader but so far I only have two. I need some leader powers (not abilities) that are unique to each leader.

Leader powers will actually be used by the Command Center building to wreak havoc at any visible location on the map. Leader powers do not get stronger when the leaders level up, but they can be upgraded at a special building at the cost of gold and lumber. The three heroes are the Commander, the Elite Trooper, and the Jedi. I'll give you a quick briefing on these three leaders.

Commander: A support leader armed with an energy pistol, the Commander has the ability to inspire troops in battle, causing them to dish out and take more damage. Primary stat = Intelligence

Elite Trooper: A sword wielding warrior leader with a minigun strapped to his back that he can wield in hairy situations. The Elite Trooper is excellent in large scale engagements where he can soak up a lot of damage for his troops. Primary Stat = Strength

Jedi (Yes, there is an Orc Jedi, making a return from the AoS): An agile and dangerous fighter armed with a lightsaber. When selecting a Jedi, the combat becomes focused on his abilities and fighting skills. The Jedi doesn't have as many technology upgrades as the other leaders, but his leader powers focus on making the Jedi more powerful so that he can deal great amounts of damage in combat. Primary Stat = Agility

So far the leader powers I've thought up are:

Commander
Drop Pods: Drops pods of Grunts from orbit to aid your army in battle.
Turbo Charge: Increases the movement and attacks speed of all workers in an area for a limited time.

Elite Trooper
Regen Field: Creates an area of regeneration anywhere on the map, healing all allied units in a large area for a limited time.

Jedi

Please tell me if I wasn't clear on anything

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
here's one

Patriot: A leader that gains more damage and speed in battles with more allied and enemy units in it. He can shout in wars to pump-up himself and his allies. He is weak on 1v1 fight.
Main attribute: Strenght

Leader powers for Patriot

Vengeance of honor
The patriot gains extreme damage, speed and armor depending on how many allies died.
Flag of honor
Patriot carries a flag of honor with pride encouraging his allies to fight for freedom and victory giving them bonus armor and speed (creates a flag attachment on patriot's back).

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
Good ideas, the only problem is, I need a model for it. Once i Find a good space orc model (the models are by General_Frank over at Hiveworkshop) then perhaps I'll implement it. Good ideas though, keep them coming.

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
B U M P

Added a new leader, the Jedi.

Also, If anyone had any ideas for specific technology upgrades and units for each leader, that would be great too.

Man-o-Bomb

Reaction score
Demigod: An orc with godlike powers that he uses to kill the enemys. Hes gunpower is often hes own men.

Rain of Blood
Each x second, a nearby friendly troop will get thrown up in the air, exploding to rain chaos upon enemys below. (Target point of the abillity)
Blood Drain
Each nearby friend will sacrifice 10% of their maximum hp (They can get killed by this) to heal the Demigod.
Gunpower Explosion
All troops (Friends and foes) in target area will damage in a small area around them and get attack-silenced for x seconds.

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
Thanks for the idea but I don't need any more leaders, I just need special powers and technologies for each leader.

Remember: A leader power is not a spell. It is an ability castable by the town hall that is unique to each hero you pick, and cannot be leveled.

Nappe

Reaction score
Jedi:
Force Choke (Yes, I know):
Small AoE, like 300, which causes all units in it to take slight damage per second and slow them slightly. You could either make it so that they only get slowed and damaged if they are in the AoE or make it a buff.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.