Need Multiboard help!

SoupNBread

Reaction score
Ok so for the past two hours I have been racking my brain over Multiboards. I have never done a multiboard until now so I decided to look at the tutorial on TheHelper. I looked at it for like 15 minutes and attepmted to figure it out. I followed it making minor changes to suit what I need. It doesn't work. I play around with it some more. No avail. This is really starting to bug me!

Code:
Create Multiboard
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Iplayercount = (Number of players in (All players matching ((((Matching player) controller) Equal to User) and (((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing))))
        Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 4 columns and (1 + Iplayercount) rows, titled Jailbreak - Ruins
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to Player Name
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 2 to Kills
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 3 to Jailed
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 3 to Freed
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to (1 + Iplayercount), do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
                Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
                Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
                Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 4, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
                Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (Integer A) to 8.00% of the total screen width
                Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row (Integer A) to 2.00% of the total screen width
                Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row (Integer A) to 3.00% of the total screen width
                Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 4, row (Integer A) to 2.00% of the total screen width
        Set Ilist = 4
        Player Group - Pick every player in (All players matching ((((Matching player) controller) Equal to User) and (((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing))) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set Imultispots[(Player number of (Picked player))] = Ilist
                Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row Ilist to (Splayercolor[(Player number of (Picked player))] + ((Name of (Picked player)) + |r))
                Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row Ilist to 0
                Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row Ilist to 0
                Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 4, row Ilist to 0
                Set Ilist = (Ilist + 1)
        Multiboard - Show (Last created multiboard)

The 'simple' multiboard in the tutorial shows an icon playername and kills, when I need mine to show 4 lines of text no icons.
Something like:

Player Name|Kills|Jailed|Freed

Player name is a string while the others are integers.
Thanks in advance!
~Olive Garden

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Um...you might want to use a global variable...so when you have to edit the information in the Multiboard you can refer to it instead of Last created multiboard

Example:

set udg_Blah=(Last created multiboard)

then you would do

Code:
Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 4 columns and (1 + Iplayercount) rows, titled Jailbreak - Ruins
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Blah) item in column 1, row 1 to Player Name
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Blah) item in column 1, row 2 to Kills
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Blah) item in column 1, row 3 to Jailed
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Blah) item in column 1, row 3 to Freed
...etc

OH and don't double post use edit..
You can however bump every 24 hrs.

-Hero

SoupNBread

Reaction score
Sorry about that, and thanks for the info... I took me forever to figure out but I have it down

Terrabull

Veteran Member (Done that)
Reaction score
So do you still need help with this problem?
I looked over your code and saw a couple problems. First of all you have rows and colums switched when you do the set-up for the first line. You need to have Player Name, Kills, etc. set to colum X for Row 1 you have it the other way around.

Second, why do you set Ilist to 4? This makes the first person you add to the multiboard outside the limit of the multiboard. It should start at 2, or 1 and then have the incriment at the beginning. When you change that the code works fine.

However, I would suggest ajusting the size of the fields, only Player Name has enough space for it's heading to be up there. I suggest 3.00, 3.25, and 3.00 for Kills, Jailed, and Freed respectfully.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Congratz to terrabull on having +5 rep and 13 posts lol

Code:
Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, [COLOR="Red"]row 3[/COLOR] to Freed
Boo boo in red :) (you set row 3 twice? O_O)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.