NEED skill ideas for some UNUSUAL heroes.

alt bringer

Reaction score
for the archer/hippogryph, at the least it will reset lvl/xp stats and delete items
if not crash the game
make the hyppogryph based from a zepplin, add an attack
and enable gamplay constant flying hero grants aura (if needed)
might want to setup a trigger so only the archer hero can "mount"

and are you looking for custom skills ideas or just skills for the units period

for the raider (if you planned to keep ensnare ability) id switch out for web ability
(it fits better for a hero)

for gryphon rider, add monsoon

zergling, a modified wind walk adding a stun when you strike while active

gargoyle, custom drain life, add the dark arrow effect change the moddel from archer things to 1/3 size gargoyles
(i think speed scales w/ size so smaller units need high speed to neutralize scale down)

mapguy

Reaction score
I just want skill ideas for those heroes.
and I'll try to make archer mount hypogryph using pure-trigger. I'll make a metamorphosis ability that changes archer to archer+hypo if hypo is nearby to archer. And by this, the hypogryph is hiden. I'll also make a trigger that if the hypo has any buff, those buffs go to the archer+hypo.

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Got this idea..
Granite Gargoyle

Stone form - Speaks for itself. Higher levels grant better armor bonus and hp regeneration.

Rock Aura - +Armor to nearby friendly units. While in Stone Form, this aura decreases armor of nearby enemies instead of adding it to friends.
Level 1 - +1.5 armor/-2 armor
Level 2 - +3 armor/-4 armor
etc

Marble Banshee - The Gargoyle hurls a dangerous spectre towards its enemies. Enemies in a line is damaged, loses mana, and is cursed for 5 seconds.
Level 1 - 40 damage, -30 mana, curse 20% miss chance.
Level 2 - 80 damage, -60 mana, curse 40% miss chance.
etc

Death and Decay - Like the Lich's ulti, but smaller area and slightly weaker. Like 1.2/2.4/3.6% damage each second or something.

Scream - Ulti. Channeling spell. Every second, nearby enemies take damage related to their armor. On top of that, their movement speed is reduced more and more every second, to a maximum of -80% movement speed. As soon as a unit leaves the range of this spell, movement speed is restored.
Level 1 - DPS = Armor x2.5, -5% movement speed/second.
Level 2 (if needed?) - DPS = Armor x4, -8% movement speed/second.
Level 3 - DPS = Armor x6.5, -11 movement speed/second.
etc

Necrach

Reaction score
and for this one
Pillager

Endurance Aura - Like the original Tauren Cheftain skill!

Arcane Snatch - Spell Steal! (Spellbreaker) Mana cost and cooldown down with levels.

Spirit Wolf - Mainly like the Far Seer spell, but raises the Wolfs from a dead corpse instead of summoning them out of nothing!

Ensnare - Like the original Raider skill, but costs mana. Duration increases with level.

Pillage Master - Ulti. Passive, with several effects. A permanent Agility bonus (increases with levels, if any.) Deals damage equal to Pillager's Agility x1.5 every time he casts Ensnare or Arcane Snatch is used at an enemy. Loots gold equal to 50% of Pillager's Agility every time he raises a corpse to Spirit Wolfs.

educator

Reaction score
for the flying machine

ATTACK DRONES
locust base but make custom swarm units that have a ranged attack deal less damage and dont return life

NANO REPAIR BOTS
increases life regen, regen + per level

RIFLE/ARCHER CREW
barrage/pheonix fire base. randomly shoots at nearby enemies.

SUFFOCATING HAZE/ GAS BOMB
base on "channel" ability and make a dummy unit cast a customized cloud ability that disables attacks/spells ect. ie. level 1 - disables melee level 2 - disables melee+ ranged level 3 - disables melee+ranged+spells [ there was another option but i cant remember it.

NAPALM CANNON [var of autofire from DotA]
Some times when the flying machine attacks its secondary cannon fires a napalm bomb at the attacked unit [stack with attack]

FORTIFY ARMOR
increases base armor, +armor per level

NANOBOT AURA
increases nearby units health regen

HIGH OCTANE FUEL
increases movement speed active/passive

NoobImbaPro

Reaction score
Archer+hypogryph

A:Improved arrows, Passive
Experience at firing arrows made the hero be more fast and a little inaccurate.
1:-0.3 attack cooldown, 7% miss
2:-0.4 attack cooldown, 8% miss
3:-0.5 attack cooldown, 9% miss
4:-0.6 attack cooldown, 10% miss

B:Flame Arrows (toggle)
Hero torches his arrows with fire scorching any enemy they hit.
1:+5 damage, 5 dps for 3 seconds
2:+9 damage, 6 dps for 3 seconds
3:+13 damage, 7 dps for 3 seconds
4:+17 damage, 8 dps for 3 seconds

C:Frost Arrows
Hero freezes his arrows making them to slow target's speed.
1:-10% ms/-5% as for 3 seconds
2:-15% ms/-10% as for 3 seconds
3:-20% ms/-15% as for 3 seconds
4:-25% ms/-20% as for 3 seconds

D:Hypogryph Strike
Hero targets an enemy and orders his hypogryph to attack him with his hard beak.Low mana cost and fast cooldown
1:When reaching target affects 300 Area.50 damage 0.3 sec stun
2:When reaching target affects 325 Area.85 damage 0.5 sec stun
3:When reaching target affects 350 Area.120 damage 0.7 sec stun
4:When reaching target affects 400 Area.155 damage 0.9 sec stun

E:Rain of Arrows
Archer raises hypogryph's flying height and shoots down bunches of arrows hitting any enemy under him.
1:+100 fly height, +30% attack speed, Arrows damage/effects covers 200 Radius.All attacks don't miss.
2:+125 fly height, +60% attack speed, Arrows damage/effects covers 220 Radius.All attacks don't miss.
3:+150 fly height, +90% attack speed, Arrows damage/effects covers 240 Radius. All attacks don't miss.

mapguy

Reaction score

what I`m talking, and I don`t want to be rude, but these spells people are giving to me are just WC3-pre-made spells or something very like to Dota. I HAVE UNUSUAL HEROES I WANT UNUSUAL SPELLS, that`s the deal here. If it was so easy I would create these spells by myself.

-Don`t take my comment above as a personal injury -

Necrach

Reaction score
I think I get your point. Not trying to be insistant, but I had a similar idea to this one in a map I never finished, so I'll make another try..

Zpawn (Forgotten One)

The main thing with this hero is that he can construct ("spawn") buildings, and some of his hero skills works as requirements for the structures and/or upgrades for the structures abilities and power. But let's start with an idea of a tentacle-type spell I figured..

Crawlers When used, this skill summons three tentacles crawling from beneath the ground around the Zpawn (Locust Swarm used as base ability) An alternative to this would be a couple of huge tentacle attached to the hero itself, but I don't know how you would make that seem nice graphically.

However, the tentacles pick, by themselves, a random target to "attack". The tentacles bounds their target to the ground (like a normal Entagle) and as soon a tentacle is attached to an enemy its no longer depending on range to the casting hero. An expiration timer is added to the tentacle (or maybe its removed and a tentacle effect is added instead, during the duration of the entangle)

Finally, the three tentacles have different colours! There is a dark blue one, which drains mana while entagling, a purple one, which drains life (like a normal Entagle) and a black one, draining one armor each second from the target while entangled, after the effect ends armor is back to normal

Entangle Duration and mana/life/armor damage is increased with levels.

One option could be to not have the Locust ability on the Tentacles. Another variation could be that something is spawned if a unit is killed while entangled.

Structure skills
My thoughts for this hero is that his building's are in the form of corrupted Ancients, you might have other ideas yourself. See below for all structure types I came up with for now. An expiration timer (in like 40 seconds) should be added to all structures after construction, they are not permanent!

Dark Ents
Level 1 - Enables the Zpawn to construct Rock Hurlers.
Level 2 - Enables the Zpawn to construct a Moss Tyrant. Also increases all Rock Hurler's hp with 200.
Level 3 - Enables all Rock Hurlers and Moss Tyrants to uproot!

Chaos Tree
Required for Chaos Tree. See below. Each level in this skill increases the power of the Devil Treants.

Restore
A repair skill usable only on structures the Zpawn have constructed. Repairing them cost no gold, but drains mana each second. Level effects could be something like mana cost/second: 30/15/0

Mutant spell
This spell could be the Zpawn's ultimate, with a heavy mana cost and long cooldown. It permanently grants all the Zpawn's structures on the map a random defensive mutation.
Spellshield Tentacle - A tentacle is added to the structure which blocks all magic; eg. the structure is now completely magic immune.
Hell bark - Increased armor
Demonic mahogny - Gains a massive hp regeneration
Slime - The structure is healed to full hp and becomes invurnable for 4 seconds when spell is cast.
Physical Mutant - The expiration timer is stopped (is this possible?) The structure is now permanent!

THE STRUCTURES:
Rock Hurler(Corrupted Ancient Protector): Takes 5 seconds to spawn. This is practically an Ancient Protector!
Moss Tyrant(Corrupted Ancient of War): Takes 6 seconds to spawn. This ent is more resilent than the Rock Hurler, but a slightly weaker and much slower attack (throws large logs, Siege damage). However, the Moss Tyrant got a 40% Thorn's Aura and a 20% Trueshot Aura!
Chaos Tree(Corrupted Tree of Ages): Takes 10 seconds to spawn. This tree does not attack or move, it's recommended to constantly play the upgrade animation on this tree. What the Chaos Tree does, however, is to spawn a Devil Treant (Corrupted Treant) each 5 seconds. The Devil Treants are quite weak in hp and attack, but have a very fast movement speed and the Slow Poison skill! Hp and attack speed increases with each "Chaos Tree" level.

These spell ideas have 3 possible levels in each hero skill (and a single one for the ulti.) I guess your map enables several more levels. Adjust the level bonuses, make the buildings more powerful, add more abilities to the units. For example, why not give the Moss Tyrant the ability to see invisible units, and maybe the Devil Treants' Slow Poison requires some levels in the "Chaos Tree" skill. As for the "Mutant Spell" skill, higher levels could grant 2/3/4 random mutations instead of just a single one.

This hero might suit terribly bad in your map, but I figured that now when I had a quite original hero idea I could as well give it to you :eek:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.