Need some Basic Classes Idea for ORPG.

NightFelix

Reaction score
Tittle. Is there any a list of Basic Classes List Idea for ORPG out there? Such like Swordman/Archer/Mage? But I need more!

Scotty

Reaction score
Since your looking for basic classes then to add to your list:

Rogue/Assasin, Preist/Medic and Druid

for more interesting classes tehre are always things like Berserker, Alchemist etc.

my mind is mush atm, hopefully these few ideas will help get you started

NightFelix

Reaction score
Oh great! Thanks for your idea. I might stick using the original Wc3 Hero Model and turn them into another classes(or remain).

Such like example, I use:
BloodMage(Kael) > Wizard
Warden(Maiev) > Assassin
Archmage(Jaina) > Priest
Ranger(Slyvanas) > Hunter

But I need MORE idea!

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
For basic classes:

Gunslinger/Gunner, Lancer/Spearman, Paladin, Ninja (although a bit cliched), Barbarian, Guardian, Necromancer.

Some more advanced classes here:

Sage (casts poison, wind and arcane magic)
Shaman (Spirit-related spells)
Merchant (gambler and an item scavenger from corpses)
Thief (w/ mostly steal abilities)
Scientist/Researcher
Morpher (character that morphs into various monsters and shares their abils with the morpher)

-- Umaku iku yō ni -|- jonadrian619 --​

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Here are some :D
Warlock
Mystifier
Magician
Conjuror
Sorcerer
Barbarian
Fighter
Warrior
Ranger
Marksman
Sharpshooter // Maybe not so good XD

NightFelix

Reaction score
For basic classes:

Gunslinger/Gunner, Lancer/Spearman, Paladin, Ninja (although a bit cliched), Barbarian, Guardian, Necromancer.

Some more advanced classes here:

Sage (casts poison, wind and arcane magic)
Shaman (Spirit-related spells)
Merchant (gambler and an item scavenger from corpses)
Thief (w/ mostly steal abilities)
Scientist/Researcher
Morpher (character that morphs into various monsters and shares their abils with the morpher)

-- Umaku iku yō ni -|- jonadrian619 --​

Thank you for your basic classes idea! As for the advanced classes, I think I leave it for future use.

Here are some :D
Warlock
Mystifier
Magician
Conjuror
Sorcerer
Barbarian
Fighter
Warrior
Ranger
Marksman
Sharpshooter // Maybe not so good XD

This is too great! I think I better starting of making abilities for that and model to suit for them! :)

emilemil1

Reaction score
I think if you want to keep it basic it is mostly.

2 Tanks

- Warrior (more damage focus)
- Paladin (more healing focus, thus a better tank, some would say it is just a mix between a warrior and a priest, but it is to common to not be a basic class to me.)

2 Ranged

- Archer (or whatever name you choose) (more damage focus)
- Hunter (uses pets, otherwise a Archer, but it is so common that i would say that it is a basic class since it is unique to use pets, not summons)

2 Supporters

- Priest (healing...duh)
- Shaman (uses many buffs, often supportive, also some low damaging nature spells that are weaker than those of a druid.)

2 uhm??? Damagers/DPS Heroes?

- Assassin or Rogue (fast, stealthy, prettyhigh damage, poison, backstab...we all know what they do)
- Can't really come up with any "basic" second damage focusing melee class.

2 Mages

- Mage or Wizard (this can be made into tons of different mages, but they all have high spell damage in common)
- Druid or Necromancer (they are both summoners and uses different offensive magic/buffs, with the exception of the druids nature oriented restoring spells/buffs, they are only unique because they use summons)

All and all 9 heroes (unless you can come up with a good basic melee DPS that doesn't rely on spells to do high damage), or if you want to keep it really simple:

Warrior (tank)
Archer (ranged)
Mage (offensive spell)
Priest (defensive spell)
Assassin (DPS)

But having just these would be to make Diablo 2 all over again wouldn't it?

The others are just variations or advanced (hard to balance) heroes. Like:

Illusionist - A complicated hero using tricks to avoid taking damage and negatively buffing enemies. (very advanced)
Animal Heroes - Includes werewolves, vampires, dragonlords and similar heroes with a animal theme. (often transforms)
Warlock - A mix between a Necromancer and a Mage. (and a hunter if it uses demon pets)
Guardian - A full tank hero, really boring to play since it does low damage.
Sage - A mix between a Priest, a Shaman and a Mage.

Then there are the tons of names for really the same hero.

Warrior - Barbarian, Knight, Swordsman and really all melee tank heroes that focus on non magical spells.
Archer - Gunner (uses guns), bowman, spearman (the throwing javelin type, otherwise it is a Warrior type, or if it is a mix it would be a advanced type)
Rogue - Thief, Ninja (i would say, same hero, different jobs)

Well I am sure there are tons of more heroes, but they are all basically a mix between the 5-7 core classes. (then i include a summoner/pet hero and a offensive buffer. (like the Necromancers curses)

That is my opinion on which heroes that are basic and which that are a mix of the 5-7 core ones.

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
This is too great! I think I better starting of making abilities for that and model to suit for them! :)
You are a modeller? Do you have any references? My team is still looking for a modeller. If you are interested; check up the Gaias Retaliation ORPG thread in the members project section.

Sorry for abusing your thread ;)

Skeith

Reaction score
Mage
Druid
Archer
Hunter
Thief
Assasin
Sniper
Warrior
Paladin
Summoner
Priest
Knight
Ninja...

You can use those classes both as normal and advanced classes.

Like: Thief/Assasin/Ninja
Warrior/Knight...

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
We all know the basic ones....assassin, warrior, necromancer...I'm not going to name all those. You probably already have them. Lets see what ones I havent seen in this thread....

Witch Doctor
A bit like a Shaman, but less combat-oriëntated. The Witch Doctor uses complicated curses and spells mainly to aid his allies greatly rather than fight on his own. His abilities would also include the all-famous troll-voodoo, which could serve various entertaining purposes. From possessing opponents to making them take damage from attacks the Witch Doctor takes, be creative with the troll magics mon!

Bard
A rather artistic class, which would be practicly an alternative wizard. He'd probably use musical spells and abilities that affect a large area and trigger various effects, such as damage over time or power boosts for his allies.

Beserker
Though usually made into a sub-class of the Barbarian/Warrior, the Beserker could function as a class on his own as well. He would posses a great stamina, yet fight recklessly and with a lot less armor than his melee counterparts. Rather than focus on sustaining powerful attacks, this mighty hero would focus on taking damage, which would actually work him into a rage and make him stronger, and use it to go beserk and deal tons of damage.

Puppeteer
This guy would fall pretty much into the same category as most summoning heroes, such as the necromancer. Rather than raise dead or summon various animals however, he clings onto a single summon: his puppet. Mosts of his items and skills would be set of benefitting his wooden companion, who would be doing all the fighting. He would have skills involving repairing/upgrading his puppet, tricking his opponents to create an opening for his puppet to attack, and hiding himself while his puppet does the dirt work. He would also be capable of preforming lethal combo's with the odd machinery.

Death Knight
We know this guy from World of Warcraft. The Death Knight is a warrior-like, close combat oriëntated hero. He is capable of taking a lot of damage, as well as dealing tons of it. His skill speciality reaches from stealing life to summoning a minor ghoul companion, and from spreading diseases to causing enemies to explode with painfull curses. Since he's awfully overpowered in World of Warcraft because he's capable of...everything, you might want to nerve this and give him a single level of speciality.

Alchemist
This guy should make an interesting class. As his name implies, he is adept at making conjunctions and potions, with which he can do virtually anything. He can hand them out for his allies to drink, causing them to gain great bonusses and abilities. Or maby he can toss them at his opponents, causing the bottle to burst into a toxic cloud or a sea of flames. Perhaps he can drink it himself and temporary morph into a tanking-monster, because of some sort of chemicly induced rage? An Alchemist has a lot of potential.

Mekgineer
The combination between a mechanic and an engineer (explaining the queer name)! Goblins have several Mekgineers, thus the model is likely to be a Goblin. They focus on creating explosives, robots, mines, and other contraptions to cleverly harass their victims. They would start off as a rather weak close-combat class. Over time they would develop several sorts of machinery to buff their strength and abilities, making them into more of a significant force on the battlefield rather than only serving a tactical purpose with their creations.

Skeith

Reaction score
Sjakie, some cool classes u have there eh?
But i think that the death knight should be an advanced class, since hes way powerfull.

NightFelix

Reaction score
Reply to emilemil1
Oh yeah! You are right, decided to put some basic classes into my map before further progress. Thanks for you idea and suggestion anyway!

Reply to Zwiebelchen
ah.. I think you misunderstand, I'm not a modeler but just a newbie learner! I tested out your orpg, it really nice!

Reply to Skeith
Thanks for your idea too!

Reply to sjakie
Yeah, your classes idea that I will keep it for future use! Thank you so much!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.