Need some JASS help =/

Matemeo

Reaction score
I took Chocobo's damage system, and rewrote it in JASS, to suit the needs of my map, however, I came across an odd error/bug =/ Here's the trigger.

JASS:

function Trig_Show_Damages_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
local real DamageDone
local real RandomChance
local real ExtraDamage
set udg_loc = GetUnitLoc(GetTriggerUnit())

set DamageDone = (GetEventDamage())
if UnitHasBuffBJ(GetEventDamageSource(),'B000') == true then
    set RandomChance = GetRandomInt(1,100)
        if RandomChance <= 15 then
            set ExtraDamage = (GetEventDamage())
            set DamageDone = (GetEventDamage() * 1.5) 
            set ExtraDamage = (DamageDone - ExtraDamage)  
        else
            set DamageDone = (GetEventDamage())
        endif
endif
 call SetUnitLifeBJ( GetTriggerUnit(), GetUnitStateSwap(UNIT_STATE_LIFE, GetTriggerUnit()) - ExtraDamage )
if RandomChance <= 15 then
    call CreateTextTagLocBJ(( I2S(R2I(DamageDone))  ), udg_loc, 0, 15, 100, 0, 0, 0 )
else
    call CreateTextTagLocBJ((I2S(R2I(DamageDone))), udg_loc,0,10,100,100,100,0)
endif
    call SetTextTagPermanentBJ( GetLastCreatedTextTag(), false )
    call SetTextTagVelocityBJ( GetLastCreatedTextTag(), 15.00, 90 )
    call SetTextTagLifespanBJ( GetLastCreatedTextTag(), 3.00 )
    call SetTextTagFadepointBJ( GetLastCreatedTextTag(), 1.00 )
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Show_Damages takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_Show_Damages = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Show_Damages, function Trig_Show_Damages_Actions )
endfunction

What the trigger does is simple. After a unit gets damaged, its supposed to store that damage in a variable called DamageDone, then, if the damaging unit has a buff called 'arcane energy' then it rolls from 1-100, and stores the number in a variable called RandomChance. If the variable is equal to or less ten 15 then, it'll 'crit'. (15%chance) If it doesn't land between 1-15 then it'll just carry through to displaying the damage done. If it does crit, then it finds the difference between the original damage, and the extra damage, storing it in a variable called extra damage. Later it lowers enemy hp by extra damage, iin case it crits. However, for some reason, the text tag only appears when I crit, if I dont crit, then it won't show up.

I thought I had it written out right, but it seems I don't, if anyone can offer some insight, thanks in advance.

PS (Dont yell at me about my terrible programming style :D ) Thanks.

-matemeo

Matemeo

Reaction score
Was gonna make it work first, then figure out what to use besides the BJ's. If you could tell me which functions to use, then I'd be grateful:rolleyes:

..And checking to see if that worked.

EDIT: Still not working :( this is making me mad @_@.

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
Here's what you should change:

Matemeo

Reaction score
Just to clarify, the weirdest part, is that when it 'crits' it works fine, its just when it doesn't, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't show up :mad:

<--Eagerly anticipating suggested changes:D

Matemeo

Reaction score
So, yeah, its 4:30, I'm tired, so...I put all the code in, blah blah. I run the map, I attack a unit, and warcraft crashes :mad: GG, I gotta go to sleep, lol. Thanks for the help though. =/

Arkan

Nobody rides for free
Reaction score
Maybe it's a never-ending loop, try disable the trigger before UnitDamageTarget and then re-enable it.

Matemeo

Reaction score
Crap, I think it is a never-ending loop, because, the trigger runs when a unit is damaged, lol just realized that. I'll try something else....dunno what to use though.

Gotham

Reaction score
Disable the trigger just before the UnitDamageTarget function (or whatever you are using to damage your target), then enable the trigger.

Matemeo

Reaction score
Ok, so, that was the problem, when it damages a target, it goes through the trigger again, an infinite amount of times... :/ Is there a different event I could use? Or a different way to damage target effectively?

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
Add "call DisableTrigger(gg_trg_Show_Damages)" before the UnitDamageTarget(...) line and "call EnableTrigger(gg_trg_Show_Damages) after the UnitDamagetTarget call.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.