Need to say hello again? Oh well, Hello !!!

MeTr01DPr1M3

Reaction score
Well mates, I guess you knwo the story. :)

Question: Could any one of you tell me (please) if there is a way of making a short like backpack? Something like an ability (let's say located on the 2,1 position of the buttons square). An ability that can store items. I mean, I am trying to make something that has features from WoW and I need a backpack for the quest items, material, ores, and stuff like that. Please, if you have an answer, please feel free to post it. Once again thank you for flying with the British Airway Airlines...be well...

See ya mates. :cool:

The Undaddy

Creating with the power of rage
Reaction score
You can go with the "Black Road ORPG" way and have an invulnerable always moving behind the hero to work as a backpack :p.Otherwise there are ways,but you will have to make the items in the main inventory still work,or just swap between two different inventory sets.

MeTr01DPr1M3

Reaction score
Well, yeah, TBR has a nice system of picking up and storing items but that's just the thing. Do you have any idea on how to make something like an autonomous backpack that's like an ability "on" the Hero always?

Thank you. :)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I hate TBR's system. The backpack is a crappy wisp constantly patrolling you. :p
In the single-player map "The freedom slips away" (or something like that), the backpack is a unit which is permanently 'on' the hero, and never falls behind. (it has a backpack model).

As for your question, you could make it so when the ability is cast, it stores all the units items into variables, then removes them from the unit and hides them. Then the player can put items into the clear inventory slots. when the ability is cast again, the same happens to those items, and the original items return.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Helpful?

I know of a system where it uses an item, a bag XD, to store the items. Intrested?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.