Newbie help

G

Where is the best place to learn about triggers for one who is brand new to trigger making. I want to learn the basic stuff like how to get a computer controlled opponent to act liek the computer run opponents in regular multiplayer games etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

J

JadeDingo

well i know that you have to set a trigger that involves enemy script. There will be various options like...

run enemy script (zerg, terran, protoss) followed by the difficulty you wish to run them at (i believe the default is medium, dont remember) then the location, yada yada make location and run enemy script

G

i tried this trigger:

condition:
-elapsed scenario time is at least 5 game seconds

actions:
-execute AI script 'Expansion Terram Campaign Insane' at 'Anywhere'

I did the exact same thign for a protoss computer opponent and all i got them to do was to mine minerals and make more scv's/drones. Neither built any structures or expanded in any way.

J

JadeDingo

make sure you actually make a location, use the dodad location thingie and just put it around there base. I wouldnt suggest using anywhere, because by setting anywhere it defaults the location to the very center of the map.

G

Ahh ok i see set the location to the base of whichever computer i'm setting the trigger for..makes sense.

J

JadeDingo

but be warned, sometimes when you run the scripts, say for instance an insane one the comp will build up for one attack, then send the units out and not do anything else besides harvest minerals and gas...

J

JadeDingo

sadly though were going to have to learn all of it again when war 3 comes out

H

HELLSS

blek

And I suggest you keep going to customc.net hehe... their gonna have a war3 editing section.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.