Newgen Problem

Drabstar

Reaction score
Hallo again fellow helpers of the net, aren't you glad to see me? (prob not)
But you all love me, dont hide it :p

Anyways, for some odd reason I am having problems with Newgen.
I downloaded recently, probably 5 minutes from creating this post.
I put Newgen in it's own folder, everything extracted ok, everything its going good. I click on the 'Newgen Warcraft' Icon and it comes up with a error message containing: Could not hack game.dll. Please post logs/ongameload.txt Then shows a box saying Warcraft III has stoped working.

I'm using Vista 32-bit with Warcraft III patch 1.22 (Newest)
Do I need to use 1.21?
I used it on my XP computer but it's crap, I believe I downloaded the 1.21 version of world editor and backed up my other world editor aswell as the patches ect, but I don't know, it's hard to explain how I got it to work on XP, and I don't even know if that made any sence.

If you can help, that would be sweet :D
Thanks again TheHelpers.net

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Click "Newgen WE.exe" not "Newgen Warcraft"

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Drabstar

Reaction score
I said I downloaded the 1.21 version on my other computer that used Windows XP, and it seemed to work.

There was a page I went to that allowed me to download the World Editor 1.21 version, but I can't remeber where.

My concern is how am I suppose to use 1.21 version of world editor and get people to play it when they have patch 1.22, or does it matter?

I don't see "Newgen WE.exe" I just see "Newgen Warcraft". The closes thing to what you say is WE but it doesn't work. It loads, but the functions for Newgen won't work.

punwisp

Reaction score
oh my apologies...

It doesn't matter for them, it only matters for you, its just you can't play it online or go online without patching. Everyone else is patched and will play the map fine.

Drabstar

Reaction score
So does this mean I need to reinstall Warcraft III and patch it to 1.21? I rarely go online with Warcraft anyways, I just doodle around with the W.E but get no where, trying to learn thats all

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Click

And it doesn't matter.

Drabstar

Reaction score
Wow. That was the page too when I used my XP computer (even with 1.22) and it worked.

but now with Vista, same thing I click on "Newgen Warcraft" and it comes up with the same thing! Could not hack game.dll. Please post logs/ongameload.txt

Am I doing something wrong? Cause I don't see the Newgen WE.exe button Unless I'm blind, but I looked over it three times and nothing.

(Hopefully this doesn't count as a double post) But this is just stupid :mad: or Im stupid, one of those two :banghead:

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, that counts as a double post.
And the Newgen WE.exe looks like this:
65900014ue3.png

If you don't have that, re-download Newgen.

Drabstar

Reaction score
Now I figured out the god damn problem, My Antivirus keeps deleting NewGen WE.exe because it think it's a virus.

How do I know this? Because I open up .7z Extractor and extracted just the NewGen WE.Exe and my virus thing poped up. Wala!

Yeah! Got it to work, Thanks all for your help
Especially to you Romek, you are deh pwn :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.